Margins lost when upgrading the theme

Hello,
its been a while since I upgraded the theme, but when I did it today I lost the margins on the site.

You can see on dunwichcottage.com/the-cottage/ that the text is hard up against the sides.

I can see an obvious setting that has been reseet, can you help?

Mike

… typo … I can’t see an obvious setting that has been reset, can you help?

I’ve also noticed that a number of containers have also lost their background colours … eg on the homepage dunwichcottage.com

Hi @mdevans71,

Thanks for writing in!

Look like you have updated the theme and the cornerstone still older version.
Please update the cornerstone to the latest version for a possible fix.

Please check this.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Thanks

Thank you for the response.
I went back to a working backup, updated all plugins (except Revolution Slider as that gives me problems on the update) and all was still working ok. Then I updated the Theme and I lost the margins and container background colours.

Not sure what to try next. my PHP is old (5.6), I don;t what this does though.

Any other ideas?

Mike

PS PHP updated now to 7.2, Problem stil there

Hi Mike,

It seems that you are using Visual Composer to build the pages. Please double check your Visual Composer version and update it to the latest version. Please ensure Legacy X Integration is enabled before editing your Visual Composer built pages. Go to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. Otherwise, your content will be wrapped in a Visual Composer Text Block element like in the video below.

Let us know how it goes.

Amazing support as always. I ticked the Legacy X button and all is fine again.

By the way, how do I check the version of Visual Composer? I’ve gone to X - Validation - Extensions and I can see it’s installed but not the version.

Thank you,
Mike

Hi Mike,

You can check the version when you go to the plugin’s page.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.