Margin inconsistency on same section

Hi there,

I cannot work out why the margin at the top of the ‘This One Dudes’ Section on the following page won’t match the margin at the bottom. In the Pro content builder the section overlaps the images, and on the live site there is a margin that is less than the requested 1.5em.

http://mrlorraine.com/hotels/ibis-budget-luton-airport/

What do you think I’m missing?

Thanks,

al

Hello @alorraine,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Upon checking the website I see that you are using old version of Pro Theme 2.0.4. I suggest you to first update Pro Theme to the most recent version 2.1.6.

You can take a look at the theme and plugin update guide for more information:

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response Prasant, I hadn’t noticed that.

The update has fixed the margin error (and exposed my crude workaround). However, the after the update the Homepage now has a white background which I can’t shift. I’m sure you’ll recognise my(?) error in seconds, but with so many options I’m a little lost in the forest. www.mrlorraine.com.

Thanks dude.

al

Hi There,

Thanks again for writing in!
if you are talking about the top and bottom space of the section then remove the section margin.

Here is the screenshot of the margin setting.

Make them all zero.

Hope this helps!

Those are the white bars, but I want to use the margins to expose the dark blue background, as present in the footer and the rest of the site.

It’s only since i updated Pro that the white has appeared, and I can’t identify where it’s come from.

It would appear that the original problem still exists too, seen on http://mrlorraine.com/hotels/ibis-budget-luton-airport/

More margins are set to 1.5em. I don’t get it.

Hi Al,

All of that spacing is the section’s margin.

The white spacing that you’re seeing on the home is still the section’s margin. But the boxed layout has a white background, so that is the white space.

You don’t get that white boxed background on the Ibis Budget | Luton Airport page because you have this css code in there that offset the white background:

#x-site.x-site.site {
    background-color: #0f213b;
}

To get rid of that white background on all pages, please add this to Theme Options > CSS.

.x-boxed-layout-active .site, .x-boxed-layout-active .x-site {
	background-color: transparent;
}

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Thank you.

Is there a list / tutorial on how to identify items for css modification? I have used Inspect on Chrome, but couldn’t find '.x-boxed-layout-active .site, .x-boxed-layout-active .x-site ’ for example.

Hi,

Please check links below.

Hope that helps

Much appreciated.

Thanks

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.