Many issues with latest updates

Hello,

Since I’ve updated my site: www.backpacksandbridges.com, both X and cornerstone (using regular X and Integrity stack), I’ve had many new issues:
-the custom font styling for headlines (h1-h5) has changed
-my classic columns in my posts is no longer supported, ie instead of having pictures on the left and text on the right, it’s one under the other
-the search button in the menu bar is no longer vertically aligned and instead of bringing up a pop-up, it sends to the bottom of the page
-the sidebar no longer appears on the side and instead I have blank space on the side and the sidebar is at the bottom
-the embedded video player used to take up 100% width, and is now fixed width

This is the first time I’ve had so many issues after an update, and it really worries me…

Hi There,

When I checked your site, it seems you have reverted back to previous version. For us to check your setup we need access on the actual issue. If you could setup a staging site then do the update there, we can investigate on each issue without disrupting your live site. Thank you.

Indeed, I had to revert to a previous version as the issues were too severe and it essentially broke my site. I don’t know how to set up a staging site, but I’d be happy to if you could walk me through it.

Hi There,

Follow this guide here on Setting up Staging Environment Using cPanel

Then follow the guide here to Migrate/Duplicate Cornerstone Data from Site to Site

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I’ve been having these problems, too. What’s wrong with the sidebars? Why are they showing up at the bottom of pages instead of to the right or left?

Hi there,

In order to be able of a help, you need to open up a separate thread and give us detailed information about the case. This thread is 5 months old one and there are many changes from that time till now.

Please kindly open up a new thread and give us detailed information about the problems you are experiencing and we will follow up with you in your environment.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like