Major cornerstone upgrade problems 2

Hi there,

We had a previous post but cant add a reply to it.

We’ve gone through your reply list and have checked everything is according to your specs and recommendations. We are still having the same issues. I have rebuilt the pages twice and then we run into the very same problems and cannot preview to edit the pages.

Can we give you access and you have a look please? We are desperate for a solution.

Thanks, Lisa

HI there,

I tried the details you have provided in your post but it doesn’t seem to work. Kindly double check,

For the meantime, please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there, thanks I have updated the secure note please can you have another look. Thank you!

Hi There,

I’ve tried to edit those pages you mentioned with Cornerstone and I could see that there are some JS error messages related to the Selection Sharer plugin.

Could you please temporarily disable this plugin to see the issue resolved or not?

Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback. We have deleted the plugin but the problem remains.

Hi There,

May we temporarily disable all the 3rd party plugins for testing?

Thank you.

Hi there.

Sure go ahead but let me know when you’re about to start please. I will continue working today until that time.

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Hi there,

The cause of the issue is the grid plugin, after removing it through Skeleton mode of your page, the preview starts loading. Could you trying adding your grid as a shortcode instead of the grid cornerstone element.

You could still edit your page without preview and that is through skeleton mode, it’s an icon just above the gear icon and below JS icon in the builder. I also noticed that your site is a bit slow which means, it could also due to performance and disabling a plugin free-up some resources and it start working,

Thanks!

Thank you!

I disabled the plugin so I could delete the Grid element on the page.

I then made the plugin active again and used a shortcode to insert it into the page but the plugin is not displaying properly. I’ve tried a few of the options and they either just don’t load, or they display vertically not like it should display.

The Grid was working perfectly before the Cornerstone upgrade.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated!
Thanks for all the help so far.

Hi there,

Please check again :slight_smile:

Looks like related to the setting, and had to clear the cache multiple times (transients).

Thanks!

Thanks once again thats a big improvement! However the grid is still displaying with 2 or more rows instead of 1 row which scrolls horizontally with arrows. How do I fix that?

Actually just fixed it so it looks like its working great!
Thank you so much :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.