MailPoet Premium confusion

I’m so confused on the process for receiving the MailPoet Premium features (2000 subs) and automatic updates, etc.

I have both plugins activated, MailPoet 3 and MailPoet 3 Premium. In your documentation it says that we’ll receive automatic updates, but mine sat out-of-date for a week. I noticed in the X version compatibility list, you have the latest version of MailPoet Premium…but alas, my copy didn’t update automatically. I went ahead and updated manually.

I then went into MailPoet.com and noticed I’m only approved for the 1000 subs. How do I know I’m getting the 2000 that comes with X?

I’m guessing I did something wrong during setup of the plugins, but would like to know how to fix if I indeed do it wrong.

Thanks

Hi @chrisgx,

The Mailpoet Premium plugin that we have as bundled plugin contains the extra features such as the forms and whatever the plugin itself offers.

The contract of our theme with the developers of the plugin is that we get the premium version plugin files, and we offer them to our customers.

Any other extra premium services that the plugin developer offers on its website as a service is not included in our bundled plugin. You need to pay for the 2000 subscribers package directly to the developers, as it is a service offered by the developer and it is not related to the plugin files. But the forms section, for example, is part of the plugin, and it is a premium feature.

Now regarding the versions, it usually takes time to update the latest version of the plugin by us, as you will get the automatic updated by us and not directly by the plugin developer. The process is that we check all the details and compatibility with our theme when the new version releases and then we release the bundled plugin update.

Kindly, stay tuned till we update version of the bundled plugin ourselves.

Thank you.

Sorry. I guess I’m even more confused, lol. I noticed in the X validation screen under extensions that the MailPoet Premium unlocks 2000 subscribers. I didn’t realize that was done on their end. Their documentation is just as misleading. Thanks for the reply.

You are most welcome.
If there is anything else that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to create a separate thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.