Mailchimp form giving error when already subscribed

I’m using the Mailchimp built in form but when someone who is already on the list subscribes again (e.g. if they didn’t remember they were already on the list), they get an error message, instead of message saying that they are already subscribed. Is there a way to change the error message for email addresses that are already subscribed? Thanks.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I have tested this scenario and it will output the following error message saying that the email is already in the list.

We were unable to add your email to the list: this email is already on the list.

Thanks!

Thanks - but I didn’t have that happen when I tested it. I know I’m already added onto the list and I got this error message:

“We’re sorry! Something went wrong. We were unable to add your email to the list. Please try again later.”

Any ideas?

Hi There,

Are you using the new Email Forms extension? as we have recently moved to v2.x of our extensions. You can compare your version numbers using the following link (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and update accordingly.

Let us know.
Thanks!

I’m using the Pro theme, which is the latest version, and the mailchimp forms plugin, which I thought was an extension but no now longer see in the list of extensions in the Pro dashboard. - See attachment. Is this what you are referring to? Thank you.

Hello There,

I would recommend that you deactivate and totally delete the Email Forms. And then you’ll have to re install it to make sure that you are using the latest version of the plugin. And after that, please test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Ok thanks - are you referring to the Mailchimp plugin? Deactivate that and then download the newest version of the same plugin?

Hello There,

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the Email Forms plugin. If you are using a different plugin in connecting to MailChimp, it sounds like you might be having an issue with that third party mailchimp plugin. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.