Made updates, something did not work, restored backup and now I can't access to my dashboard

Hi,

I updated Theme X and Cornerstone and some other smaller plugins as well. Something went wrong and on top of the page I saw a lot of text like this “Warning: include_once(lib/yit-icons.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in# —”.
The text mentioned one plugin which I tried to deactivate with no results. After that I decided to restore my backup to fix the situation. I followed the instructions of BackWPup (https://backwpup.com/docs/how-to-restore-a-wordpress-backup/). Now cannot get to my dashboard anymore, so I have made a huge mess. Could you help me out please?

Hello There,

Thanks for the very detailed post information. I managed to resolved the issue by deleting the installed version of Cornerstone and installed the latest one. Please check your site now.

I would also recommend that you update the theme since you are still using X 5.1.1. This knowledge base article will help you guide on how to update the theme:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you very much for your super fast action and help!
I managed to do the updates and site works fine.

Now I have some problems with the new Cornerstone. I keep receiving a message saying that “A preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” Could you advice how I can fix this issue?

Hi,

“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” in general is a generalized error message that can mean one of many things. Please make sure to read the following thoroughly and follow all steps outlined.

The message can be caused by the following:

A plugin conflict. This could be a new plugin you’ve recently added or it can be a plugin that has recently updated and introduced a javascript error or similar in the front-end output. Please deactivate all plugins apart from Cornerstone and see if the error still exists. If it doesn’t. Reactivate all plugins one by one until the issue happens again. That then means plugin “ex” caused the error.

Incorrect setup of SSL. If you have an SSL certificate on your site. You should have the WordPress Site URL and Address URL settings set to HTTPS if you are loading the builder via HTTPS. This can be checked via your wp-admin > general > settings. If you aren’t using SSL you can ignore this step.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I think I could exclude those reasons except a plugin conflict. A plugin conflict is tricky one, because I don’t get error message every time. Maybe 1/3 times I try to use Cornerstone. Because of that it would be difficult to find out whether or not a specific plugin was causing the issue.

Hey There,

You may still find it out if it is a plugin or not. You may deactivate all plugins and activate a plugin one at a time. Test Cornerstone maybe 3 times or more just to make sure if that newly activated plugin is the cause of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
Thank you.
I tested all plugins several times but error message kept coming at the latest after I refreshed Cornerstone a few times. This took hours.

Hi there,

I checked your pages and I don’t get the preview warnings anymore, perhaps you arlready fixed it? Else, please provide the exact URL where this issue is still happening.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks!
I wish I had, but I still receive error message.

Hello There,

I can confirm the issue. This could be because the preview has been timed out. Please extend the PHP time limit. You may need to ask your hosting provider to do this.

Meanwhile, if this happens, the only way to access the elements and to edit the page is by using the skeleton mode. It will make page editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Now PHP time limit is extended. At first Cornerstone worked beautifully (on first time after php-thing), but then error message came back again.

Thank you for the skeleton-tip!

Hi there,

Looks like it’s a capacity issue. I checked and started with empty and then added one by one, and it only happens when the content gets longer. And it varies depending on what type of content. Could you try increasing your site’s post max limit? Please check this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6135427/increasing-the-maximum-post-size

Though that’s just my assumption and I can’t really check your host environment. Are you on shared hosting?

Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately I have to say that I did no understand anything abou the link you shared. I’m not very good at this. Could you give me simpler instructions, please?

I have Bluehost WooCommerce Plus Hosting for my site.
https://www.bluehost.com/web-hosting/signup?flow=woocommerce

Hi There,

I can’t replicate the issue on my end either, I can open the page in Cornerstone. Try clearing your browser’s cache or use your browser’s incognito/private mode.

Also, request to increase PHP Max Script Execute Time to 100s, currently it is only set to 30s.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thank you again. Unfortunately your advise did not help, I still get the error message most of the times. Sometimes Cornerstone works, after many page refreshings.

Hi there,

Like I said, the issue is varying, it appears and sometimes not. Which more likely a performance issue. I’ll continue checking and let you know.

Thanks!

Hi,
Did you find anything? This is very annoying thing and it never happened before Cornerstone update.

Hi there,

I’m still on it, it’s a bit hard to troubleshoot since it mostly loads okay on my test.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.