Login missing the checkbox for being human

The login page of my clients website has suddenly started to cause problems in that when a user tries to log into their account it fails as it says they need to check the box to say they human but there is no check box. I note that I logged a support request for the same issue some time ago but can’t remember how I resolved this. I did note your advice to check for security plugins and I can confirm that I have Shield installed and its that that is set to protect the login pages from robots by asking them to check the box to say they are human. If I turn this option off users can log in again, however I would like this page protecting with this option. I checked on Shields support site and they say this can happen if the theme is not using the correct web hooks:

This plugin is founded on using standard WordPress API/hooks/filters. If you are using a custom login form that doesn’t use these standards, then it’s possible that the form doesn’t fire the necessary WordPress hook that allows us to insert the checkbox.

please can you advise?

Hi There @appletreeweb

Thanks for writing in! X theme is utilizing WordPress core login functionality and there’s no direct relation with the login process.

Could you please try switching to another theme and replicate this issue? If you’re getting the same issue, you need to contact your plugin author.

If you’re only getting this issue on X theme, provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to check this issue further (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.