"Loading the preview took longer than expected"

I have the same issue! Did you figure out a solution @Marcooos?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and inspected one of your pages in Cornerstone. I can confirm that the elements is just loading. http://prntscr.com/go66ra

You might be experiencing this issue because the PHP memory limit might be exhausted. We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

I have made the suggested changes. It did not fix the problem. Images attached.

Having the same issue. Several users reporting the same issue on the Facebook Support Group.

@warwebdesigns Honestly I’m so sick of X Theme making me look incompetent to my clients.

I already stopped using it for new websites but naturally I have to come back and edit the old ones sometimes, I’ve found a Generate Press/Elementor combo to be much better.

This is the first time I’ve experienced an issue. It is quite obviously a theme issue, not settings that need to be changed on our end. Folks in the Facebook group say Cloudflare, cache issue, or plugin conflict. That’s a hard “no” on all three. It’s also not a memory issue. Hopefully they figure it out soon enough.

Certainly a theme issue.

1 Like

I almost wonder if it isn’t an issue with the newest issue of Wordpress?

I don’t think so. I hadn’t updated yet and I was having an issue. Updated bc of the issue, still having the issue.

Any more updates on this? Need to update a website for a client but I can’t make any changes still…

Here’s my post for the same issue. Still no response to it. More and more folks voicing the same concerns on this Facebook page. Trying to stay positive, but it’s getting harder to do by the second. I’m in the same boat as you, @riakhmerov. Really need to make urgent update’s to a client’s site. My hands are tied.

Whats interesting is that it seems to be fine on my main page, but some other pages that have more customization it’s not working and am getting the same warning / error others are reporting—it’s been happening to me since AT LEAST yesterday afternoon. Fingers cross they have a solution soon.

3 days with no valid response from support. Just one cookie cutter reply. Who are you, microsoft? I used to use X theme because of the great support.

1 Like

Unfortunately, everything including web dev companies experience “bloat”. Too many features that aren’t needed, too many conflicts with other plugins, css and jss, and too much support overhead that makes them hire people unqualified to do tech support. Being a 20 year webmaster, I have watched it happen over and over again. One day, even Wordpress will be dead. Just like Joomla, or Postnuke. It’s a conveyor belt. Jump off when it’s right for you.

Yea I totally get that, I’ve already jumped on to something else but I have older clients sites that I need to make changes to. What would you do in that situation?

I suppose here I’ve told a client I’d make an edit that would take 20 mins, and has now been 4 days (!) it almost makes sense for me to take a day out to switch it over to a different theme. It’s just very very frustrating that I might have to do that.

Cornerstone only does certain things better than Wordpress or standard css work. It’s for people that don’t know how to code. Use Themeco’s shortcode in the Wordpress editor, and bypass Cornerstone. I still think (after many years with X) that it’s structure is awesome. Just don’t use all the GUI’s that are proprietary. Next one too will eventually not work, but Wordpress will for many years.

There is a quick fix I found worked for a few of the sites I have been working on:

In the config file, below the WP_DEBUG line, add this:

define( ‘CS_LEGACY_AJAX’, true );

I found that from an older post when someone had a similar issue it seemed to fix things for now.

I just made a post about it here:

Not sure if it will solve your issues, but it worked for a few sites I was using X theme on with different plugins.

Yea ok thanks I’ll do that. I hope that means it can still be edited easily with Cornerstone in the future? Will see.

Its just annoying. Preaching to the choir I guess.

Thank you! I’ll try this out today.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: