Loading the preview took longer than expected - Please help

I am getting this error editing pages. I thoguht i figured it out but i still get the error. Here’s an example of page where i get error:

I am able to save the page but once it’s saved i’m unable to edit it / save it again.

Loading the preview took longer than expected. There may be script conflicts on this page.

Hello @toddbiala,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions:

1. I see that you are running Pro version 1.1.0. Please update Pro theme to latest version 1.2.7. More information on updating theme and plugins can be found here. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62
  2. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If it does not help, please share website login details in a secure note.

Thanks.

ok so i upped the limits (#4) and i updated pro. However now i don’t get that error it’s just unreponsive and keeps loading if i try to edit in pro. i havne’t tried the plugins yet because i get this different error now.

One thing i just noticed, if i launch pro this is what i get, the content isn’t right. I’m not sure it was like that before i updated pro

Hi again,

I checked your site and I see few JavaScript errors in browser’s console, this could be breaking the functionality. Please test for the following:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Remove custom JavaScript from Customizer and from the Cornerstone’s JS section.

4. Deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

Thanks.

Ok thank you. I dont see any custom JavaScript to remove. I’ve done the rest. It appears to be the child theme or something with it.

We had a few templates created in there previously but it seemed to be working still after. but could that be it? would that cause errors on pages we aren’t using the template?

It appears i got it fixed, thank you!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.