Loading problems .. again

Hi.

That is my third installation in a row with major loading issues with cornerstone. The editor needs 30 seconds to load. Sometimes I even get an error. This time I am on high end managed hosting. You will find all details in private message.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I see that your PHP max script execution time is still 30 ( PHP Maximale Skript-Ausführungszeit). Check the secure note.

Thanks!

Hi. I have changed it to 300. But it didn´t change anything.

Does your host have an internal caching system? If so, please ask them to clear all caches and disable caching. I went in your admin and server but could not find what’s causing the issue. Can you also try a different host? You can test setting up at pantheon.io for free. Sometimes, the issue is not hardware limitation but some server configuration.

Thanks.

I have the same Problem on three different hosting providers. But many Pro installtions are working well on the same providers where I do have problems.

Network overview shows that cornerstone needs ages to get the cornerstone endpoint. That´s the problem on all sites where cornerstone loads extremly slow.

Hi There,

It could be a firewall blocking the script or mod_security. Could you please look into that as well.

Thanks!

I really appriciate your help. Its just a little frustrating. Cause you don’t always have the opportunity to handle this hosting issues on client sites. I have 37 working pro/x installations and the last 3 simply don’t and they are at different hosting providers. That really makes me think about the future cause I really thought with pro I had found the perfect tool. But maybe it’s too big for the most shared hosting environments.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and taken a closer look. I found out that you have installed WordPress in a different directory and your Site URL is different from it. Please understand that the editor is a front end live page editing. The editor currently does not support different Site URL and WordPress Address URL at the moment. It is best that while you are building the pages, please change the Site URL and WordPress URL. They must be the same as http://example.com/cms/. Once you are done building the pages, you can switch back to your actual Site URL settings.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Thank you very much. But I already tried that. I even installed another testversion in root-folder without changing anything in permalinks structure and it doesn´t work either.

Hi there,

It’s a bit random, the first issue was due to password protection, I deactivated it and the builder loads. Then I flushed the cache in my browser, and it loads in instant. And reloading the builder is back to zero again.

I’ll continue checking, where does your site hosted and what plan? Maybe I could find the similar issue or configuration.

Thanks!

Hi thanks for your help. Site is hosted on hosteurope.de

Hi there,

It looks like shared hosting, it may appear that you already increased the memory limit, but it’s not. In shared hosting, you should contact your hosting to actually increase the limit. Changing wp-config.php’s memory limit has no effect.

I installed a memory usage display plugin and it says 256 MB (probably from config), but it also says the limit is 40mb.

Could you confirm that with your hosting provider?

Thanks!

Hi. It´s managed hosting. I gave the information to my provider. But I have exactly the same problem on a different site and there the memory limit is 256 MB.

Hi there,

It says 40mb when I installed memory display plugin, but I’ll continue checking and let you know.

Thanks!

Did you find out something new?

Hi There,

It seems the /cornerstone-endpoint is initially blocked until it gets a pass.

The nonce verification is for security purposes, Please try changing your wp-config.php keys, please check this https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Security_Keys, and you may use this to generate new keys https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/1

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks again for your help. I created new keys. Unfortunately that didn´t help.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I did my best to find out the problem cause. I checked and checked again, it is indeed the problem of the cornerstone-endpoint not getting a response.

Please consider that it took 45 seconds for me! to get a response from the server. That is indeed not related to the theme code as the status of the ajax loading was on pending:

The opening means that Cornerstone sent the request and is waiting for an answer from the server, but there is no answer for 40 seconds! then as soon as the answer is there the builder loads.

Unfortunately, nothing that we can d regarding this, you will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to check their log and see why it takes that much time to get a response from the server. Is there any connection limitation of some kind or a firewall setting? I am not sure what is the cause.

One 100% bulletproof test can be done that will show if this is something related to the Cornerstone code or not. Please move your website to your local machine. You can use any conventional local server such as WAMP, MAMP or XAMP or anything you consider a good choice.

Then check the case and see how much it takes to load the builder. If it is significantly faster then this is 100% a server related stuff. But if it is for example 30 second then we can consider it as an internet connection error and it is the problem of the Cornerstone code.

I honestly am 100% sure it is not the code problem. But I want you to do the test for us to make sure about this.

Having said that I suggest that you consider checking our hosting service:

Just for a test of your current website and see how it works there.

I hope I could explain all possible cases correctly. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.