Livechat not working

Hello! my chat feature on the website is not working anymore. I have the code in the footer as I always did, but it will not appear now. Please help.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Regretfully, we do not have support for third party scripts. Please contact the chat script developer to investigate the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi Christian-

This has been working without issue on my site for over 2 years until last update to cornerstone. Surely there must be some investigation that you can do within scope of support.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I checked your site and it seems that the live chat script are is not loaded on the site which might be the reason why the chat is not working.

Please try adding this to the functions.php file of the child theme:

add_filter('wp_footer', 'footer_script');

function footer_script() {
?>
    <!-- Add the script here -->
<?php
}

Hope this helps.

I’m not sure where to find functions.php. I searched in the cPanel without success. I uninstalled the child theme. Please tell me based on the X theme. Thanks!!

Jeff

Hello There,

The functions.php file is in your child theme. You might need to install a child theme first. Since what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is installed and active, please go to Appearance > Editor and load the functions.php file. And then, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

add_filter('wp_footer', 'footer_script');

function footer_script() {
?>

<script src="//www.growthlivechat.com/scripts/invitation.ashx?company=novainjuraylaw" async></script>

<?php
}

You can not simply add the JS script directly in the parent X theme because it just be overwritten when there is a new X theme update.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.