Live Preview Error

Hi Susan,

Thanks for reaching out.

I like to check what’s going on with the builder but I can’t as of this moment. Please grant admin access, the current credentials has not capability to access the builder and other administrative features.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

New password in secure note. Please use the first URL as the plugins are all currently turned off.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I have used the first URL to login into your site, but you still have not grant admin privileges to the WordPress user that you have created. So I cannot look into your issue (see secure note).

In the meantime, try following our troubleshooting guidelines below.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thanks!

Stupid me! Forgot to change the access levels. You now have admin permissions. Sorry.

I have tried and changed all of the other suggestions. PHP was (and is) v.5.6. I also tried it on v.7*, but no change. I have never had this problem with any other version of Pro before! I expect it is something simple…

Plugins now on, so please use the second URL in the secure note!

Hi There,

Please contact your hosting provider to increase your allocated memory limit (curretly you have only 128MB with all the plugins you’re running sharing that resources) or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Increasing PHP Memory Limit

Keep in mind that some hosting/plan does not allow their users to do this manually, so it’s better to contact them directly

If the issue persists, please provide us FTP credentials in a Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi,

I am still having no luck with live preview. The memory limit has been increased to 512MB and even with ALL plugins disabled, I am still getting the same original error message, which means I am unable to work with Pro. I have never had this problem on the 20+ sites using Pro.

There is no caching enabled on the website either, and only the Contact page has so far been set-up.

The problems seems to be affecting Global Options and the Homepage as I can get preview on most other pages.

The login credentials are the same as in the original Secure Note. Please use the second login URL as all plugins are currently enabled.

Any ideas?!

Thanks,
Christopher

Brief update - if I change WordPress settings to remove the page “Home” from the main page in Settings > Reading, I can access live preview on that page. Once it is set as the default page again, I get the error. Theme Options remains with the issue.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

Please add this to your wp-config.php file and provide us FTP credentials in a secure note, so we can take a closer look.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

WP DEBUG

Please provide us FTP credentials in a Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have added those lines to wp-config. The credentials are the same as in the secure note, please use the second login URL. Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

The internal error seems to be generated on the fly and only in ajax request. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Please see the latest secure note for all details!

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

The login credentials are invalid, please check it again. Please provide the correct FTP credentials.

I tried CPanel, FTP plain, FTP explicit/implicit over TLS, and SFTP and none works.

Thanks!

Hi Rad, Sorry for the delay. FTP is now working properly. The credentials are in the secure note. I hope you can get in.
Thanks,
Christopher

Hello Christopher,

The ftp details is still not working for us. It seems the password is incorrect.

Please double check it again. Thanks.

Hi,

To confirm, the FTP details in the secure note attached to this reply work - I have just retested them.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

It’s still not working, I tried combinations from the already provided credentials and none works. How about the correct CPanel credentials?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

The FTP logins given in the last email definitely work, I have been using them even this morning.
cPanel details in secure note.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

In my initial test, your site is a bit slow especially the preview, and the file manager too. It looks like host environment issue as when I checked the log, it’s related to libraries not loading correctly. Like these,

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/curl.so' - libcrypto.so.10: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory in Unknown on line 0 PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/tidy.so' - libtidy.so.5: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory in Unknown on line 0

I recommend contacting your hosting provider, it seems your PHP software isn’t configured correctly. And please update your PHP to 7.2 as Wordpress recommendation https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for your comments. I have changed the PHP version to 7.2, as suggested. Does this make any difference from what you see?

Thanks,
Christopher