Links on portfolio page not working

Hi,

The links on my portfolio page (the featured images and “read more” buttons) are no longer functioning properly. They link to the same page. This happened out of nowhere. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks so much!!

Hi @BradleyB,

Thanks for writing in.

I could not be able to login in your setup. You have disabled /wp-admin in login in.

The only problem that I see is that you have an outdated X theme with the latest Cornerstone. Please update your X theme to the latest version.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I updated X, but it did not solve the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Hi,

It looks like you have customize the portfolio template.

Kindly check the changelog as there is a recent change in relation with isotope library, it’s now namespaced to prevent conflict with other plugins that load their own version of isotope library.

For instance, Isotope is now xIsotope, smartresize is now xsmartresize, et cetera.

https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-x-5-1-1

You can also check your parent theme portfolio templates and compare with the one you have customize.
Then update if necessary.

wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/global/_script-isotope-portfolio.php
wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/integrity/content-portfolio.php

Hope that helps

Thanks for your reply. I am a novice with these type of customizations. All of these code changes were given to me here in support. I tried to look at the files, but couldn’t figure out how to fix the broken link problem. Is there anyway you can suggest a fix? Even when I remove the customizations, the links are still broken… Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I was able to figure out the issue. It was caused by this line of code that you added in your child theme’s functions.php file;

add_filter( 'post_type_link', 'x_remap_portfolio_permalink_to_project_link', 10, 4);

I commented it out and now the links for the featured image and the read more button is working again. The portfolio item titles should also be a link. It is not working at the moment because you have added this custom css:

.entry-title-portfolio {
    pointer-events: none;
    cursor: default;
}

Best Regards.

Thanks so much!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile: