Links not working on blog posts, only at permalink

Hi! Can someone please help me figure out why my links aren’t clickable in the blog view, but are live once I’m on the permalink for a given post? Thanks!

Hi there,

You need to give us more detailed information about the problem you have. Give us the exact URL of the page which is not working and tell us where to click and were should the page go which it is not going.

By the way, as you are talking about the Permalinks you need to go to Settings > Permalinks and set the Permalink to be post_name and save the settings.

Get back to us with the more detailed information and if needed give us the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello There,

The blog index, category pages and all archive pages is displaying the post item excerpts. WordPress automatically remove any shortcode or any html links in the excerpts thus returning the excerpts only as text. This is why the link disappears in the excerpts. If you want to add a custom link in the blog index, category pages and all archive pages, you will have to make use the manual excerpts. Manual Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can be used in your theme. Learn more about manual excerpts.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.