Limit Post Title Characters in The Grid

Hey guys, I have tried a few maxlength and other css mods to make the posts that show up in the grid have a character limit to make all of the entries equal in height…but I can’t figure out what I am missing. Do you guys have any ideas?

Link added next

Hi,

To limit the title characters, you can try adding the code below in Cornerstone > CSS

body  .tg-item .tg-item-title a {
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    max-height: 50px;
    outline: none;    
    overflow: hidden;
    display: -webkit-box;
    -webkit-box-orient: vertical;
    -webkit-line-clamp: 2;
}

Hope that helps

Perfect. Thank you

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

One last question here. It seems on mobile, the grid is pushing to the right. I don’t have any padding set or anythign. Any ideas?

Hi Chris,

It’s coming form this CSS, and I’m not sure if it’s a custom CSS as it’s coming from grid generated CSS.

#grid-199 {
    margin-top: 20px;
    margin-left: 20px;
}

Please remove the left margin, or you can add this custom CSS to override it

#grid-199 {
    margin-left: 20px !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Hey guys…

Everything above worked and I even did some more customization to make things where they had smaller post titles work evenly.

Another question I have is it seems like the grids are getting a little wonky now for some reason. Only one in a line seems to either be higher or lower when laid out. The client is being pretty picky about wanting things to be straight. Any ideas on if I put something wrong in or if I am missing something?

Thanks for all of the help you guys provide.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and Grid items seems to be loading and working fine on my end. I don’t see issues with the Grid items positioning. I suggest you to clear cache and see how it goes.

Having said that I noticed that you are using old version of Pro Theme on the website which might cause issues. I suggest you to update Pro Theme to the latest version 2.4.6. You can take a look at following resources to get started.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

SO I updated everything and it seemed to be working fine. Now it’s off again. You will see text is a bit off and on the second row one of the boxes is out of sync.

Hi @cmdiggs,

It’s because of this custom CSS:

.tg-ktts-skin .tg-element-1 {
    position: relative;
    font-size: 17px;
    line-height: 24px;
    font-weight: 400;
    text-align: center;
    display: block;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 25px 15px 8px;
}

Please change the text align to left.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I don’t have that custom CSS anywhere I can find. Only what was posted above. Anywhere else I should look?

Here’s what I have:

body .tg-item .tg-item-title a {
min-height: 50px;
}

body .tg-item-excerpt .tg-element-2 a {
max-height: 30px;
}

Hi,

In that case, to make your text align left, you can add this in Theme Options > CSS

body .tg-ktts-skin .tg-element-1,
body .tg-ktts-skin .tg-element-2 {
     text-align:left;
}

The other text is not aligning because you have added  , please remove it from your content.

Thanks

Oh man…now I see what you all are looking at. I’m not concerned about that. We can fix it. What I am concerned about is that we have set character limits on the excerpts and still some of the excerpts seem to be longer than others. I think I fixed the issues with some of the rows being out of alignment.

Hi,

To fix it, you can add this in Theme Options > CSS

body .tg-item-excerpt .tg-element-2 {
   -webkit-line-clamp: 5;
   line-height: 16px;       
   max-height: 80px;       
}

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.