Lightbox opens but freezes after interaction

Hi guys. I’m building a site in a staging environment and currently struggling to get Lightbox to work correctly. I’ve disabled all plugins except UberMenu and TinyMCE to try and eliminate conflicts.

If you go to the URL in the next private message you’ll see a series of circular colour swatches. Click on any in the swatches in the 'Contemporary Leather" range to trigger the Lightbox. Initially it works, however if you try to click through all of the images and/or close and reopen the Lightbox it will freeze - well it does for me in both Chrome and Safari.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for writing in! Upon testing, I can confirm this issue on my end as well. Please follow the troubleshooting information below to isolate your issue.

1. First try switching to your parent X theme and test your issue again to see if your child theme customizations causing this issue.
  2. If you’re still having issues, then disable all of your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone and see if one of your plugins causing this issue. If the issue resolved, then you need to activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing this issue.
  3. If you have added any custom CSS/JavaScript into your site, remove them all temporarily and see the issue is related to your custom CSS/JavaScript.

If you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge server cache and also clear browser cache before testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

The page has the following custom CSS to modify the swatches in to circles;

.swatch img {
width: 60px;
height: 60px;
border-radius: 30px;

}

.swatches a {
margin-bottom: 2px;
margin-top: 0px;
display: inline-block;
}

This seems to be causing the issue. Any suggestions on how to achieve a circular thumbnail with CSS?

Thanks

Stewart

Aslo … to confirm.

I deactivated all plugins - still see issue.
I enabled parent theme - still see issues.
My child theme has no customisation whatsoever. No custom CSS / js or php in functions.php. It’s literally a blank child theme.

Thanks

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

It’s not the CSS that is causing the issue, and it seems to be random. There are cases that it wont work, but sometimes it works. Could you try turning off your lightbox’s shortcode deeplinking? Like [lightbox deeplink="false" ............... ]

Thanks and let us know.

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Out of interest, what does the deeplink option do?

Hi again,

The deeplink attributes provides direct individual links to each lightbox image. To explores all attributes please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/shortcodes-lightbox/165

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.