License Validation Issues

I’m having some issues with license validation on one of our sites.

The Pro license (first one in the list) is correctly assigned to the site with which I wish to use it, but when I paste the license number into the validation section on the site, I get an error message stating: “Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.” (See image below)

1 Like

Hi there,

Is the site you are trying to validate a new site? If so, kindly try to disable all the plugins then try verifying the theme again.

If the issue persists, please try to increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how it goes.

The site we’re trying to validate is a new site within a multisite installation of WP. The other two sites on the multisite each have their own X or Pro licenses, and are validated. Most of the plugins are network-installed, so that if I disable them, it will take down parts of the other, live sites.

Our memory is already allocated higher than your recommendation.

Hi @bpauto,

With multi-site, you only need to validate it once in the root site (the main and original site). Multi-site uses the same theme and plugins hence same files.

You can probably configure your multi-site using sub-folder or sub-domain, but its internal URL still belongs to the main site’s URL. Hence, activating it on the main one should be enough but still, you’re required to have single purchase key for each project site. Activation only allows updates and installation from our server.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, with the multisite, even if each site on the network has a different URL, the single license of X Theme / Pro will validate for all of the sites on the network? Also, regardless we need to purchase a new key for each individual network site, correct? (I already purchased individual licenses for each site; one is running standard X Theme, and the other is running Pro.)

I just want to make sure we get this sorted, as having to ignore the prompt to validate constantly is a bit annoying.

Hi There,

For example if the following is your root domain.
example.com

You can have multiple sites under sub folders in the following way.
example.com/site1
example.com/site2

However if you want to use sub-domains or any other different URLs, you will require additional licenses to validate.
niche1.example.com
niche2.example.com

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

Hi,

Understood.

In our case, each site has its own top level domain, so we’d need additional licenses.

With that said, how do I resolve this issue regarding the license validation on each network site within the multisite? To further clarify, we have 3 sites on the multisite network:

1. Site A - running X theme
  2. Site B - running Pro theme
  3. Site C - running Pro theme

Site C in the example above is the one in which we’re having trouble with the license validation (Sites A & B are validated)

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Hi Bulletproof Automotive / Unplugged Performance!!! :slight_smile:

Would you please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard so that we can access the website C for testing and meanwhile get back to is with the Purchase Key you want to use for the website C using the Secure Note.

We will check the case and try to find why there is a duplicate message issue. I guess you never used the license for another website right?

In some cases I go to the licenses page and remove the website link from the purchase key in question and try to validate again. It works in such cases. Please do also that and get back to us with the result.

Thank you.

Please see the details in the secure reply.

Hi Bulletproof!

I checked the website with the username you gave, but I can not access the sub-websites X menu to be able to check the case.

Would you please kindly give me an access to be able to check the website C X menu?

Thank you.

Hi,

We just updated the user settings.

Please try again.

Thanks!

Hi @bpauto,

Let me clarify this :slight_smile:

Regardless of setup, multi or single, you’ll have to purchase a license for each. Validation is a different topic :slight_smile:

Multi-Site shares the same files across subsites, it’s only normal to validate it for root domain once. But it doesn’t mean it requires you a single license only. For example,

example.com - you have validated your license here, it’s fine
dev.example.com - you don’t have to validate it here since it shares the same files from example.com, but of course, you should buy another license for this domain since it’s a separate site. Hence, you install everything in the example.com site too.

It will not validate on your second site even if you have dedicated domain. Its internal processing is still done in the main domain, it’s only masked by domain mapping.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.