License Validation for staging area

I got the license to install for my production area but when I then use the same key for my staging area I get a message saying the key has already been used and to purchase another

This is what I see in the licensing area on the website:

I`m not sure what I need to do to fix this so I can use this key for my production and staging install of my wordpress site.

Hi There @sevanko1

Thanks for writing in! First of all, please do not share your license keys publicly. I have moved it into the secure note area.

With regard to your original issue, please follow our troubleshooting guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201) and see if you can isolate the issue.

Sometimes, it could be that your Pro theme files may have been corrupted in your staging site. In such cases, you can re-install the theme and try re-validating your site again.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Thank you for the information and your help. Just so you know I totally did not provide my key in the public area if you notice more than half the key is missing in the image. I`ll look at the url for the troubleshooting and get back to you once I have tried using the info you provided.

I`m still getting the following error.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for clarification, on your staging site can you check the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) under Settings > General that should be identical to what you added in your licenses page.

I see that your staging site URL is the one that is associated with your license now, if that did not work, can you change that to your live URL, and try to validate the staging again?

If that did not work, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi Stephen,

Your staging site isn’t assigned to your license, please assign your staging URL as staging.

Then validate it again, cheers!

Thanks!

It looks like the issue was the result of the page I was logged into to manage my licences had timed out. When I refreshed the page I saw that it didnt update the staging url I had put in. When I updated it this time and re validated it fixed my issue. Thank you for taking the time to look into this and help me fix it.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad our staffs were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.