License validataion

I am having trouble with validating my license, get the error “Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Please go through our knowledge base article on connection issues to resolve your validation problem (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201).

Hope that helps.

this didnt resolve the issue, i reached out to the host and this is their response.
“In order for us to be able to properly investigate the reported issue, please contact the theme vendor and kindly ask them for the exact IP address and port on which the connection should be established.”

Hello there,

Thanks for updating in!

One reason of this probem is that the versions of your X theme and Cornerstone may not be compatible. Because of that, our validation process will not initiate properly.

Here’s an article to help you check the compatibilities:

Hope this helps.

My version of cornerstone is 2.0.4 theme x is 4.0.5
how can i get latest version of cornerstone when the license for x doesnt verify??

Hi There,

Please delete your current version of Cornerstone plugin. Then switch to a default WordPress theme and delete your current version of X theme as well. Then you can download the latest version of X theme from your Envato account, install it and activate the theme. Head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin automatically.

Now try to validate your site and that should resolve your validation issues.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

That worked. Now I have to get the site back to the way originally looked. There were 6 widgets that created custom content on header and footer. Is there any easy way to get this back?

Hey @proximomktg,

If you switch themes, your menu locations and widgets will be reset. Please go to Appearance > Widgets and look for your widgets under the Inactive Widgets section then add them back to the designated widget area.

Thanks.

I do see that but there are extra widget area that are not here now, for instance Header Left, Top Left, Top Right

Hi There,

Thanks again for writing in!

There is no such widget area called Header Left, to Left or Top right in the theme by default.

Please confirm if you have created those widget areas.

Thanks

how do i create custom widget areas

Hi There,

You can create custom sidebar widget areas but those only can display in pages you select.
Go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Sidebar and give a name to your sidebar then choose pages you want to show.
Then update.

After that got to Appearance -> Widget to assign widgets to that sidebar.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

I did figure this, now these new side bars should be displayed in the header and above the footer. having trouble getting them to display there.

Hi There,

I as I mentioned above, the custom side can only be show in pages not it header and footer.
There is no such feature in the theme, You need custom development for that which is out of our theme support scope.

Thanks for understanding!

Im trying to recreate the header like on this site

Hi There,

I am not sure exactly what you are asking here, I would like to encourage you to open a new ticket with your issue as this thread has a different topic may confuse for the staff member to answer.
I am closing this thread.

Thanks