License Purchase Code not accepted

My license/purchase code will not verify.

I have read all the documentation and followed the steps outlined. I have assigned a domain that exactly matches that of the install.

I’m wondering if the fact that this is a replica of our main site, located in a staging environment matter?

My understanding is that I needed a new license regardless. I tried to use our existing key but to no avail.

Please advise.

Hi There,

With one license you can assign 1 production URL and 1 staging URL site.

Can you confirm that your X theme & Cornerstone plugin are up-to-date as well?

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hello Oisin,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

There is no need to share login details as of now. You need to make sure that the website is running latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. If the website is running old version of X and Cornerstone then validation won’t proceed further. As of today the latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone is 6.4.6 and 3.4.6.

Please take a look at following resources to update X and Cornerstone.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hello @oisin,

I have checked your site and I can confirm that you are still using Cornerstone 1.3.0. That latest version of Cornerstone 3.4.6 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Automatic updates does not mean that Cornerstone will update it self. You will still go to the plugins section or in Dashboard > Updates and do the updates. You may not be able to update Cornerstone is you haven’t validated Cornerstone. You must make sure that your license code were assigned to the site and then validate Cornerstone. Please also be advised that only Cornerstone license code is needed to validate Cornerstone. You cannot use X theme license to validate Cornerstone and vice versa.

Since you are using an older version of Cornerstone, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

And lastly, please ensure that you have meet the requirements to run the latest WordPress 5.0.3 which needs at least PHP 7.2. You can check out the rest of the requirements from here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

So, I created a staging environment and updated cornerstone to the latest version. Unfortunately, this crashed the site and displayed a HTTP ERROR 500 status code. I searched for a solution in the support forum and found someone with the same issue. You recommended increasing the memory allocated to PHP. I contacted my hosting provider and implemented this change. Again it didn’t fix the issue.

I’m curious to find out how to fix this issue. It seems to be an issue with the php file in: cornerstone-library-carousel/includes/csl-carousel/controls.php on line 14. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Oisin,

It seems that you have a 3rd party Cornerstone plugin which causing the issue. Please delete the following plugin folder by connecting through your FTP.

/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone-library-carousel/

Hope that helps.

Ok, so I took your advice and deleted the file from our staging environment to see if that would help. I checked our live site to make sure nothing had been altered and unfortunately it deleted from our production site also.

I then restored the staging environment but our live site was still being affected!!

Please advise next steps.

Hey @oisin,

To better assist you with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.