License problem

Problem with the validation of my license. In overwiew ‘manage your licenses’ the API key is visible but in the product validation page in Wordpress I am asked for submitting the API key. When I enter an error message is visible: Could not establish connection. For assistance, please start by reviewing our article on troubleshooting connection issues.

Hey @Droogers,

Have you tried all the solutions in our troubleshooting connection issues article?

Please give us more details.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message, this seems to be a server restriction issue which is outside of our capabilities to fix. You will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to whitelist our server addresses for cURL access.

Kindly just send them the link to the article below and they will know how to whitelist the case:

Thank you.

Have informed my host. Waiting for an answer.
Don’t think thats the reason becvause I used this methode more often without any problems.

I assume as a result of this problem I can not update my Visual Composer and can not make any changes within the back end editior. Saving is impossible.

Please help.
Thanks.

Hi There,

Upon checking I can confirm the reason, is that you have missed some major updates and now you’re using an older version of X theme (v4.3.0) and Cornerstone plugin (v1.3.3). Because of that, our validation process will not initiate correctly.

The latest version of X theme is (v5.2.5) and Cornerstone plugin (v2.1.7). So at this point, the best possible option would be to update your X theme manually for once using this guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62). Then disable/delete your Cornerstone plugin and head over to X -> Overview section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin automatically.

Then you should be able to re-validate your site and use automatic updates here onwards.

Please note: Since you’re using an older version now, we strongly suggest you to take a full backup of your site before updating.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.
Problem solved!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.