License key to update Advanced Custom Fields PRO?

ACF is asking for a license key to update. I tried the key on my dashboard but no dice.

Am I missing something here?

it says:

“There is a new version of Advanced Custom Fields PRO available. View version 5.6.0 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.
To enable updates, please enter your license key on the Updates page. If you don’t have a licence key, please see details & pricing.”

on the plug in page

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You don’t need license key for any of the 3rd party extensions shipped with X. Latest X compatible version numbers will be listed below.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

So you don’t have to update, if you have installed the X compatible version.

Hope that’s clear.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue am am running pro. Do I need to switch back to X to update the theme, then go back and activate Pro again?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread. Please keep in mind that bundled plugins doesn’t need to be registered or activated. If there are updates, we are the one who will provide the updated version of the plugin. During the update process, you will be connecting to our Themeco plugin repository. This is why it is important that you validate X or Pro theme so that updates will be available. In any case, the plugin creators released an update and yet you cannot update in the your site, this is because we haven’t updated the plugin from our repository. We always do a test first and would like to make sure that the recent update is stable and with no conflict with X or Pro before we release it from our plugin repository.

Hope this explains it briefly.

@RueNel so we just leave the ACFP update warning in the dashboard until the Pro team update the theme thus removing it? What is the timeline for this?

Paul.

Hi There,

Please ignore it. We hide those updates notice but sometimes the plugins developer are pushy and they pass trough,

We don’t have an ETA, but it will come, we need to perform tests to assure everything is running as expected.

For the moment please use the tested version available with Pro.

Thank you

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!