Less padding above section titles

Hi, I need to somehow get less padding about the following titles on the home page:
Latest articles & blogs
More articles & blogs

There is too much padding/space above them, but I cannot see anywhere in the settings in how to reduce it.

Please see on our home page here: e3EnergyEvolved.com

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Hi @POPFIZZ,

Thank you for writing in, those headlines have a default 1.25em top margin, if you want to remove those, please apply a CLASS mtn to those headlines.

e.g.

<h2 style="text-align: center;" class="mtn">MORE ARTICLES + BLOGS</h2>

mtn stands for Margin Top None, you can learn more about this Spacing Helpers Classes here.

Then have your section handle the padding instead.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you - it worked & this was helpful!

If I wanted to take some of the space out in the first box on the image on the home page to remove the extra space about the main title area on our home page where it says, “You can reclaim your body, metabolism & spirit…” would I use the same code there? I tried it and it didn’t work for that area, but maybe I didn’t put it in the code right, as it worked everywhere else I used it.

Hey @POPFIZZ,

Yes, that is right. The "You can reclaim your body, metabolism & spirit..." is wrapped in an h4 tag so you just have to add the class mtn to remove the default top margin.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that worked!

I have one more question on this. I tried to use the mtn code you have me on the line item of copy that’s under the opt-in box on the home page for our newsletter - for the statement: “We honor your email address & privacy. See our privacy policy.” …because there’s too much space above that line of copy and the name & email boxes, I want there to be less space, but entering it didn’t work. Am I doing something wrong? Or, is there something else I should do to adjust that copy.

Hey @POPFIZZ,

That space is because of the form you have above that statement. To remove the bottom spaces please add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

form#mc-embedded-subscribe-form {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Thanks, when I do that, will it change that universally across the entire site where any and call contact forms are present?

Hello @POPFIZZ,

To make sure that the code will only affect the homepage, you can update the code and use this:

.home form#mc-embedded-subscribe-form {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Thank you that worked! Is it possible though to get the space in that colored bar that that opt-in is in to still come up higher? There’s still some unneeded space below the words. :confused:

Hello @POPFIZZ,

The unnecessary space below the form is because you have added a another text element and it only contains an empty paragraph. Even if it is empty, it is still occupy some space. Please edit the page and remove the text element. If you cannot see it in the preview, you can use the skeleton mode to edit the page for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.