Learndash and pro

Does LearnDash work with Pro? There seems to be an issue accepting the post type.

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in! The custom header and footer will work with Learndash. Only global header/footer assignment will work by the way. If you want a specific header or footer for learndash pages, you will not be able to assign any header/footer as of this moment. There is already a pending feature request so that you will be able to assign to in the next update releases.

Best Regards.

How do I get the sidebar to appear for course and lesson posts?

https://goalsarecool.com

Thanks!
Blake

Hi Blake,

You can try adding the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.

add_filter('x_option_x_layout_content', 'add_sidebar_learndash',999);
function add_sidebar_learndash($layout) {  
    if ( 'sfwd-courses' || 'sfwd-lessons' || 'sfwd-quiz' || 'sfwd-topic' || 'sfwd-certificates' == get_post_type() )  {      
       $layout = "content-sidebar";
   }
  return $layout;
}

Please add it after this line

// Additional Functions
// =============================================================================

Hope this helps

@goalsarecool I just checked out your site and it looks great! I’m planning a membership site that uses X and am considering adding LearnDash and MemberPress, as well as Custom Post Types UI and FacetWP plugins. Are you using any of these? My top priority is to make the site work with X, but it has to include courses and other member content.

Thanks @pearlmultimedia I’m not currently using CPTUI or FacetWP Plugins. However, they are on my list to take a look at. I’ve used MemberPress for a while now and was attempting to do the course thing without an LMS plugin. I think it was a decent attempt, but LearnDash makes it so much easier. At this point, I’m very happy with LearnDash. I’m also considering WPFusion.

We should stay in touch. I will be creating courses (within my membership) related to all of this and more.

Thanks again!

Blake

Yes, I’d love to bounce ideas off of each other about this. And thanks for that info. I’ve been bending my brain trying to figure out the best way to do it without an LMS plugin. But it would require adding a bunch of plugins instead of one LMS plugin. I’m also considering housing all my courses on Teachable and creating a private course bundle for the membership site. Pros and cons to each…)

Also BTW, did you hear that LearnDash has a vulnerability that hackers have been exploiting over the past week? I’m sure you have, but if not make sure you update asap since LearnDash caught it and fixed it. I’ve heard of people whose sites were completely screwed up last week before the update was released.

I just now saw how to DM from within this forum. I’ll send you a message and we can get the broader discussion going! :slight_smile:

Travis

Hey Travis,

Thanks for chiming in! It’s good to know about LearnDash and it vulnerability.
If you there is anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

1 Like

@pearlmultimedia and @goalsarecool, I am also going to be using LearnDash and Pro together. I just created a public Facebook group around this topic, and would love for you guys to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2018550755029770/

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing!

Cool! Thanks for sharing that. I just sent my request to join your group. But actually I use X not Pro. So we may encounter some differences. but I’d still like to join. I just realized we’re on the Support forum. I’m switching over to Peer to Peer for this discussion topic.

Thank you, everyone, for your interest in sharing information regarding the learcndash and Pro/X compatibility. As this is a support forum and it is meant to be a Staff - Customer way of communication I suggest that you guys continue to chat about this in the Peer to Peer forum.

Thank you all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.