LayerSlider not working after update/X is running without cornerstone

Hello,

After the update layerslider is not showing up on my homepage. It is just blank. Can you help me fix that?

I noticed the following in the inspection console said: “X is running without Cornerstone.” I had deleted it from my plugins as it’s never active with PRO. I followed the instructions to install It by getting the cornerstone.zip out of the x.zip file and I installed it. It says I am running version 4.1 even though I the plugin itself did not update. I cleared the V2 element cache and cleared all caches afterwards and I still see no change.

Thoughts?

-Joe

Hi Joe,

Do you have wp rocket installed? if yes try to deactivate it and see if layerslider work

Hey Stefano,

I don’t use WP Rocket but I do use Litespeed cache. I decided to test it and when I disabled it everything worked and when I re-enabled it, things broke again. I wonder if it has to do with Combining/Deferring JS that I had issues with a few weeks ago here:

Hi Joe,

yes same here, for the mean time i have disable wp rocket to make the site work.
lets hope on a fast fix

Yes! Please Someone HELP US!

Hello Guys,

Thanks for posting in!

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If you have installed Autoptimize plugin, you must clear and regenerate the minified CSS and JS files.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Hope this helps.

Not working same problem,

I have done all of the above and saw no change.

However when I turned off deferring JS all the issues went away. So basically this issue has nothing to do with Caching and everything to do with deferring JS. Is this something that is going to be addressee?

I had no issue deferring JS before the update with the excludes below:

wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js
wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js
wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js
wp-content/themes/pro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js
wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-google-analytics-integration/assets/js/admin-enhanced-settings.min.js
/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/static/layerslider/js/layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js

Hi @jgreenberg,

It’s likely because most of those files have new names as of Pro 3.0.0. To prevent browser caching issues, we added asset fingerprinting to the filenames. You’ll notice they all have a little hash signature as part of the filename. You will need to change those to make the new filenames, or hopefully your plugin supports a way to match filenames with wildcards.

That is what I assumed as well. Is there any chance you can give me what the new exclude files are?

Below is a screenshot from Litespeed cache:

Here are the details from the Litspeed Cache Wiki:

If Load JS Deferred is enabled in the Optimize tab, there may be some JavaScript files you do not want to be deferred. List them here, one per line. You may list the full URI or partial strings to be matched (no wildcards)

Hello Joseph,

In the latest release we have combined and minified the JS files into:

/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.{6466c24}.js
/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.{6466c24}.js
/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js?ver=3.0.1

where {6466c24} will vary because this is dynamically generated.

Hope this helps.

Well, It appears I am out of luck do to these dynamically generated file names. I will have to disable Deferred JS indefinitely.

Hi Joseph,

LiteSpeed support partial string, maybe you can exclude an entire directory.

e.g.
^/wp-content/themes/pro

Thanks,

Unfortunately that did not work either.

Hello Joseph,

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.