Layer Slider not working in Chrome on PC

The background video is not playing only in chrome for PC. Works everywhere else. Need help!

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make sure you are using an updated version of theme and plugins.
If not please update the plugins and theme to latest version. Please check the guide.

Also, check for a plugin conflict by disabling all third-party plugins.
If that doesn’t help Please send us your website details so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

I sent a secure note. Everything is updated and it doesn’t work on chrome.

This was just posted on layer slider’s support site:

The reason for this is Google Chrome 66’s Autoplay Policy Change. Google introduced new browser restrictions, which will prevent automatic video/audio playback in certain situations. Autoplay is now allowed only when either the media won’t play sound, after the user clicks or taps on the site, or (on desktop) if the user has previously shown an interest in media on the site.

Another follow-up update will arrive soon from us, which will provide further options to mitigate these restrictions. Since it’s governed by the browser, there is no way to restore the previous behavior. However, we can supply alternate options like autoplaying muted videos where visitors can restore sound with a separate button.

Can you give me a work around? I need a video to play in the background autoplay with the buttons that fly in.

Hi There @rarowley

Since it is a browser base restriction, the most suitable workaround I would suggest is to follow their alternative solution.

Or else you can try using Slider Revolution plugin. Check their documentation here (https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/video-layers/).

Thanks!

THis is layer slider not themepunch

Hi There,

Sorry, but there is such workaround for this type of browser related issue also this is a third party plugin and we don’t have much control over that.
We would suggest you to please take help from a developer for possible solutions. Or you can use revolution slider instead of Layer slider as mentioned by @mldarshana.

Hope this is clear!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.