Launch delay Problem, Youtube Problem, Scroll to anchor Problem

Hi & again :wink:

it is getting worse now, and I really need you to fix a few things as soon as possible, please…

First, I still have no solution for the extreme delay in launching the Pro editor:
Pro launches, but when I hit “edit” it takes exactly one minute (!) to launch the page editor. Updates, Plugins, … nothing helped. “Shared hosting”, I hear you say, but saving changes is quick… and everything else is, as well. And thousands of people are on shared hosting :wink: aren’t they.

Second, your Videoplayer is not doing well at all: I have an embedded Youtube-Video; but on an iPhone (SE) it does not show its jacket-picture. It is showing a “not-playable”-arrow, but you CAN play it … additionally, try and hit fullscreen, then try to scroll: who-hoo. That is weird!

Third, I cannot scroll to my anchors anymore. Plugins deactivated, Updates installed - they do not work, neither in Safari nor in Chrome or Firefox.

I provide my login in a secure note.

And I really, really would appreciate a solution and your help. There is something going wrong…!

Kind regards,
Malte

Hey Malte,

####1. Regarding the delay, I did some test and confirm that the performance is not affected by third party plugins so this could be only between your host and Pro.

Here’s a screenshot with your active plugins activated and using the Blank No Container | No Header No Footer template.

Here’s a screenshot with all plugins deactivated and the same template as above. It even loaded slower when the number of requests went down.

This has to do with slow web host. Not all shared hosting have the same setup. Others are fast and others are slow. To prove that, here’s a screenshot I just grabbed from my test site from a cheap shared hosting.

####2. About your video player issue, your setup is incorrect. You used the Youtube video link in the Player option. The Player option is only for self-hosted videos or direct to video link like http://example.com/video.mp4. Notice that is a link to the mp4 video.

Please use the Youtube Embed Code and insert it in the Embed Option.

####3. Regarding your menu, please remove JS customizations temporarily and switch to the Pro parent theme then check again. If the issue persists, please open a separate thread for this and post a link to this thread for reference.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

thank you very much for your quick and detailed answer!

Many of my problems are my own fault …

• Embedding video without a proper embed-code is as stupid as it can be. That’s what happened, I fixed it.
  • Complaining about anchors without checking JS is stupid as well. Removed JS, anchors work, examining JS on my own.

Please accept my excuse for both of these topics.

Concerning the delay: I will send an email to my provider asking him for a closer look on the problem. Last time I did that he checked everything and found a strange behaviour: X Pro is setting the database query to “sleep” or “idle” for a minute before going on. My provider said it obviously is something on the code’s front. I’ll ask him to check again and will send him your screenshots. As soon as I receive an answer, I’ll get back to you if I might.

Kind regards!

Malte

Hi there,

That’s okay :slight_smile:

About the database sleep, it could happen if the script is running to slow. And a script running too slow is more related to performance. We use the same theme and builders but doesn’t have any performance issue, hence, it’s not the script. But the one that makes the script runs slower. Are you on shared hosting? And have you tried increasing the memory limit of your site?

Thanks!

Hi Chris & Rad,

my provider did some tests and came up with this (I try to translate the most important parts):

… our tests showed a precise point of the delay (but not the reason): The call waits after loading
./www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/views/styles/elements/_particle-css.php

We cannot say what happens here. Our Apache is behind a reverse Proxy (NGINX). If this causes the problem, please ask Themeco for help.

Again, the script itself does not seem to run too slow. Saving, reloading and any kind of editing is pretty well and fast.
Could you please check again what happens after the call (see above) or check if we can do anything if the NGINX is causing the problem (?! really ?!) :wink: )

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Malte

Hello there,

Thanks for updating in! Yes, it could be because of the NGINX configuration. Please share this link to your provider:

Also, to rule out the possible server related issues I suggest that you move your Wordpress website to your local machine and test the case there. If it is working correctly there then it is definitely something related to server settings.

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hi!,

my provider checked your solution, but their setup is different:

First, they use mod_php, not FastCGI,
and second NGINX is not their server, but a reverse proxy.

What else could we think of? A delay caused by the script - why? What is waiting (and why)?
Interesting enough that after a minute or two the script succeeds in loading…

I still hope for your help, please.

Kind regards,
Malte

Hello there,

Thanks for updating in! The server configurations are good. NGINX is a reverse proxy software for HTTP (server side), by the way.

I suggest you request your hosting provider and request them to optimize your Apache web server performance.

Also, have you tried increasing your PHP memory limit in your server? If not yet, I recommend you do so. Please see our guide below:

Sometimes, this kind of issue could be because of a lacking memory in your server or a cache version of Cornerstone/a file has been retrieved. In your case, the retrieved file would be the _particle-css.php.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Hi & Good morning everyone,

so here is what I did and found out concerning the delay loading Pro:

• The script pauses when trying to reach “cornerstone-endpoint” for approx. 1min (!)
  • I changed the hosting plan. No longer on shared hosting. Problem still not solved.
  • Moving the site means another setup, serverside. Problem still not solved.
  • Checked if others experienced the same problem, and yes, here is another entry from 01/18 https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/loading-problems-again/20747 with the exact same problem.
  • Checked an older setup (pro 1.0 on another site) … uupps, here we hadn’t had that issue!

Conclusion: In my eyes, even if your code might run smoothly on a local machine or a setup like your hosting service, my service provider (Hosteurope) is considered to be one of the more important ones, and I would expect them to have the ability and the knowledge necessary to keep their setup clean.

Since an older version of your code indeed does perform well even in a shared hosting environment (we had a slow header-builder launching issue with that already, but well, that’s another part of the story), I start doubting that the conflict has really something to do with the provider’s part.

But what can we do here? I really appreciated all staff members’ advice, but since it has been no solution given yet, I kindly ask (and recommend) to have a close and deep look into the core of the launching process… a few ten-thousands of Hosteurope’s clients are waiting and would like to use your theme professionally or, in my case, for my profession.

Kind regards,
Malte

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.