Latest X update 5.2.2 breaks website's Integrity light design

Hi guys,

I am running latest wordpress 4.8.2 and older version of X theme 4.3.4 (Integrity light).
Today I tried to update X to latest version, but after I updated it, the design of my website breaks (see website’s picture how it breaks after update)

I backed up my website with X version 4.3.4, and after doing backup website started to work OK again.
One more thing - after I updated to latest X version, I tried to disable all plugins, but this just didn’t help. Also I have noticed, that after latest X update, ALL thumbnails in media library have gone.

Please help to solve this issue.

Regards,
Vaidotas

1 Like

Hi Vaidotas,

Please note that when updating the theme, you also need to update your plugins especially importantly Cornerstone. This is to make sure that everything is compatible.

Here are the latest version numbers - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks

Hi Vaidotas,

I can see you have reverted back and your site is fine. If you can setup a staging site and then do the update there, we can check it without affecting your live site.

Hi Lely,

I will provide you my backup files.

Have a nice day,
Vaidotas

Hey there,

I see you’re using a caching plugin. Did you clear all caches and deactivate your caching plugin before you updated? Please follow the best practices in updating your theme and plugins.

It would be best that you setup a staging/development site. That is one of the best practices. To learn how, see http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Thanks.

Hi again,

I did as you suggested - minified CSS and JS, cleared cash, tried to disable WP rocket plugin, but all these steps makes my site to break websites design again.
I left you my admin credentials, so please test my site, and help me to find what causes these issues…
I left my staging site updated to latest version as you asked.

Kind regards,
Vaidotas

Hi There,

When I logged in to your staging, it is not updated yet:

Please update it. I can you do have WP Rocket. Disable minification of CSS and JS files on WP Rocket settings. Those libraries are already minified. Minifying it again using a plugin will result to breakage on the files thus the site style is broken. After disabling minification, clear cache and check again.

Hope this helps.

Hi again,

I did as you suggested - minified CSS and JS, cleared cash, tried to disable WP rocket plugin, but all these steps makes my site to break website’s design again.
As I wrote before, my site successfully updated from 4.3.4 to 4.6.4 version, but not to the latest one.
I left you my admin credentials, so please test my site, and help me to find what causes these issues…
I left my staging site updated to latest version as you asked.

Kind regards,
Vaidotas

Hello There,

Thanks for the updates. After a series of test, I successfully displayed the page in your staging correctly.

And I found the caused of the issue. It is because you have enabled the minify option for the JS and CSS in your CloudFlare. To be able to resolve this issue, please login to your CloudFlare account and disable the minify option. For best results, please make sure that you are using the suggested CloudFlare settings found in this article: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Please do not rely on the WP Rocket. You have far more better control when your login to your CloudFlare.

When updating X theme and other plugins, it is advisable that you do this steps:
1.) Please go to the dashboard and clear all your plugin caches.
2.) Login to your CloudFlare account and turn on development mode.
3.) Run the updates for the theme or any plugins that needs updating.
4.) Clear your plugin caches again
5.) And in your CloudFlare, purge your site cache as well.

When development mode is enabled, there is 3 hours time to regenerate the cache before CloudFlare start to cache the site.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi RueNel,

Thanks a lot. Everything works just fine again, and now I am on latest X version.

Big thanks one more time,
Vaidotas

Howdy @vaidyz,

Thanks for writing in to let you know that everything is in working order again!

Also, for anyone experiencing potential styling issues or conflicts after updating, following @RueNel’s steps listed above are a very important thing to do first before anything else, as a great deal of issues that can arise after an update typically have to do with caching and/or site customization conflicts with a child theme. We also have an extensive write-up on this in our Knowledge Base for anyone who would like more information on this matter:

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.