Latest Update (6.3.6) has Messed up Row Formatting

Since the update to 6.3.6, many Row formatting options have been changed. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the point. What used to be one single row has been turned into six single rows with a custom setup of “1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1”. It does not affect the formatting of the production page but it does mess up the backend when editing. I have had to change this dozens of times on several websites. Is this a know bug or are you aware of some simple fix.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.3.6
  • Cornerstone 3.3.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Sorry, I am using the latest version of PRO - 2.3.6. I have no cache plugins running. I am having this issue on multiple site - I have fixed all of the ones that I have already upgraded. On hardimanimages.com I have fixed all of the pages that I am using but I have left a couple of draft pages “as is” with the behaviour showing. Please check out the draft page"Shoot Nova Scotia Tour – Highlands Edition" it displays the problem about half way down the page. I will add the URL to the website and credentials in a secure post.

Hi Jim,

Your custom columns has invalid values. The total sum of the columns must be equal to one.
So if you wanted to have 6 columns, It should be 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6

Some other combinations you can use are:

1/1
1/2 + 1/2
1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3
1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
1/5 + 1/5 + 1/5 + 1/5 + 1/5
1/3 + 2/3 or 2/3 + 1/3
1/4 + 3/4 or 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/2 (or vice versa)
2/5 + 3/5 or 1/5 + 4/5

Thanks

I know. That is the problem. I didn’t do that. All of the affected columns were never set to custom - they were just one column. That is what resulted after the update. I have been using X and Pro for some time and am well aware of how to use columns and did not make those custom columns. Something has gone wrong with the column settings after the recent update.

Hi Jim,

Thanks again for writing in!
I am able to login to your site can ad new section with 6 column which is working just fine.
also checked other columns and rows in the about page which are fine too.

If you could point us in which page or section have the issue so that we can have look on to it.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Clearly, I have not explained the issue correctly. Prior to the latest update I had no issue with columns - ever. Now I am not having an issue creating new sections and columns. What is happening is - previously created pages and posts suddenly changed the column layout to what you see in the image I included with the first post. It went from 1 column (the default which was used in the section) to a custom column with the ratios “1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1+1/1” which was created (by itself) after the upgrade. Now, I have fixed it in most places but there are a couple of “Draft” pages which still exhibit the issue. Check out “— Shoot Nova Scotia Tour – Highlands Edition — Draft” and “— Shoot Nova Scotia Tour – Valley Edition — Draft” and scroll down to the Tour Leaders section. You will see the odd column setup. That was not like that prior to the latest upgrade. I had it this issue on just about every page on this and several other websites where I have already corrected it.

Hi James,

This is a related thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-isnt-working-after-the-update-to-3-3/44963/34. I’m not just sure if it’s known issue as it’s a bit rare and not sure what triggers it.

A workaround for now would be manually fixing the columns now and save it.

Thanks!

I have the same issue, after the latest update, ALL of our pages have become corrupt:

Screen Shots:

We’re using Cornerstone 3.3.6

The pages display fine when looking at the site, but when you try to edit a page, you see the corruption.

Help!

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for the reply. I have already fixed most of them but it is a real pain. I have ready spent many hours correcting this issue. I have now learned that it affects many of my templates - when I load some of them they exhibit this behaviour. I will have to recreate my templates as well and that is on 11 sites. Before I spend any more time on this, is there a fix coming.

Hello @hardimanja,

I have already informed the our developers personally. They are already aware of this issue and is looking for the root cause to be able to resolve this. Once they’ll have the fix, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Please bear with us. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.