Latest Published Blog Post Not Showing on Blog Posts Page

Hi,

Its really weird but the latest published blog post is not showing on the main Blog posts page. It shows on the homepage in the ‘featured 3 column blog’ container and if I add it to categories in WP-Admin edit mode, it shows when I click on that category.

However, in ‘All’ mode it does not show at all anywhere (as the latest post)

Does anyway have any idea how to troubleshoot this please

Thanks

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for writing in! The latest post item should display in the blog index. If it does not, then there should be a script that might prevented it from appearing. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. the site is using Child theme - would appreciate any insights as to why latest blog post is not showing on main blog page (but shows on featured blog section on homepage and if I click on a category its been entered into - just not on the ‘All’ tab).

Steve

Hello Steve,

I have logged in and I can see that you are using WP Rocket and CloudFlare. Please clear your plugin caches and login to CloudFlare and purge your site cache as well. For best results, please make use of the recommended CloudFlare settings which you can find it here: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I’ve cleared both of those caches to death lol! I’ll try again now but many times and has no effect on the issue.

Steve

Hi,

I’ve cleared Cloudflare again and even applied the suggested rule plus cleared Rocket again - no effect.

FYI, we never utilised the full settings of CF and Rocket as it broke too many things, so minifications, JS etc are all off.

Is there anything else you can think of that prevents latest post from showing as the last post on the ‘All’ tab of the blog page?

Thanks

Steve

Hello There,

Does this page already have a translation page? I have taken further investigation by using a different theme and it is still the same. With the link in the secure note, the post is not showing as well. It should have been displayed if the issue with the theme. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.