Lag in Website Update

Hello,

I launched my website yesterday which went fine. I then made updates using Cornerstone today. None of my updates made today are showing up on Desktop View (I’ve been using Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on two different computers and none of them are displaying updates), but they’re all showing up on Mobile View using 3G data on both mine and my friends phone.

I contacted Bluehost to see if it was a server cache issue. They were not able to see the updates at first, but after they cleared the caches on their browsers the updates then showed up for them. I tried to clear caches on my browsers multiple times and the updates did not show. They then suggested it may be a theme issue, but they didn’t want to test it out too much since it’s a sensitive child theme. They also mentioned it could be a local cache issue, but I’m still not sure what the solution for that would be.

Can you please advise if it is a problem with the theme? And if there’s something else I can do on my end to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Hello @SimpleAyurveda,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Well it looks to me more of a cache problem. Please try accessing the website in incognito mode or open the website from a different computer and then see how it goes.

That being said, I noticed that you are using old version of X Theme and Cornerstone. Using old version of X and Cornerstone can have potential conflicts. I suggest you to update X and Cornerstone to the latest version.

To update Cornerstone and X Theme please take a look at following resources:

1. Version compatibility guide: To learn about the latest and compatible versions of bundled and supported plugins, please take a look at following doc:

2. Theme Update guide: Please take a look at following article to update Cornerstone.

3. Please take a look at following doc about changelog:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

I went ahead and updated my Theme X and Cornerstone completely. I’m still having the problem.

• Changes DO show up in mobile.
  • Changes DO show up on desktop whenever I am logged in
  • Changes do NOT show up on desktop no matter which computer I use when I am not logged in. I’ve cleared caches over and over and over again. I also tried viewing in incognito mode

Also, now that I updated my Theme X + Cornerstone, my blog posts don’t show up on my Content menu. That’s a huge problem because I create my blog posts on Cornerstone…my posts used to always appear underneath my pages.

Hi there,

If you have updated your X and Cornerstone to the latest version and you are not seeing Cornerstone for the blog posts, kindly double check in the Permissions Manager and make sure that you have enabled Posts.

As for the issue about the changes not showing up on desktop when you’re logged out, kindly make sure to clear your site, browser, and hosting cache and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Changing Permissions worked to display Posts. Thanks!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.