Justify Single Line

hi

I have searched for this and have been unable to find anything to match

I have a whole bunch of paragraphs of text and I have a single line paragraph that I would like to have stretch 100% of the available space left to right. The text is already formatted as justify, so that hasn’t worked. How would it be achieved?

Here is a sample of what I have as text:

It’s Durian season, but why do the locals go Loco over Durian?

Known as the King of Fruits in Thailand, Durian is commonly eaten alongside the Mangosteen, the Queen of Fruits. This big spiky, sometimes intimidating fruit, has people waiting frantically for the season to commence. Why is it so? Generally, non-Thais know only 3 things about Durian:

1. It Smells 2. Thais love them 3. It smells; apparently!

The Facts

There are around 234 different varieties of Durian, however there are 3 main types that you will most commonly see in the markets, street side vendors or on the back of a pick up truck.

I am trying to have the line with the numbered items stretch across the available space, but I have tried using a separate section for it and making it justified, with no result.

If you ca think of any way to achieve this, so it is responsive, always taking up 100% of the space, that would be fantastic

regards

Hey @guybower1,

I copied your text to a Text element in my test site and set the Text Align option to Justified and it works.

Maybe you have some custom CSS or CSS coming from a third party plugin overriding the element’s style.

If I’m not understanding you correctly, please provide more details and also the URL of the page.

Thanks.

hi Christian

Thanks so much for your reply

It is not the body text I am trying to do justified, as it already is. The line I want to spread from left to right is the following:

1. It smells 2. Thais love them 3. It smells; apparently!

Just that single line I want to have span the available width

cheers

Hey @guybower1,

Sorry for the confusion. The justified won’t split and span that line because it works for a block of text only and not single line. For this case, you would need to separate that line into 3 columns like this.

That way, it will also stack up on mobile.

Thanks.

cheers Christian and thanks for the reply

yes, knew of that method but was just checking whether with the new text tools available in CS (I only just finally upgraded from a very early version) it was possible any other way

Thanks again

One quick question, Christian. Your looks very neat and tidy with each paragraph having the same spacing; mine has a large gap between the paragraph prior and the paragraph after the 3 column row. Padding and margin are both set to zero, so not sure what is generating that.

Any idea?

Regards

Hi @guybower1,

Go to each column option and make sure that you set the Text Align option to center:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Also get back to us with the name of the page that you are working on.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.