June 1 Updates Broke Video Backgrounds / Images

I have been working on a one page site with multiple sections each with a video background (pulling from vimeo). Everything worked fine untill I updated to the June 1 release and now every video background is broken / not working / showing the poster image for some but not others. Sometimes when it loads one video out of four plays. Something is definitely wrong with the new release. Is there a known fix for this or do I have to revert all my installs of pro to the previous version untill your next release is out?

Just to confirm, I reverted to the last version of my site before the new update and everything is perfect so its definitely related to that update

Can you try the next point release? It was just pushed to auto updates moments ago and includes a fix for this. Thanks!

I just updated to 2.1.4 and the site is still completely broken. Any other ideas?

Hello Not to hijack your thread but the same is happening on my site ( just updated to the latest relase ), now the videos are not being displayed full-width.

see here -> https://warmdocs.com/microphones/wa47/

@victor2 and @smashbeatmedia,

After updating the latest version, would you mind clearing site and browser cache.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

@nico

Hello 2.1.5 fixed the issue

Thank You

I am still having the same issues. My site is still broken with the new update ( 2.1.5) . I just reverted back to last week to test and everything is working perfect. Something is still wrong. I reinstalled 2.1.5 so you can see the issues still happening. Please advise. Thanks

Hi Andrew,

This must be a cache related issue as we already addressed that in the latest version as you can see in the Changelog.

So would you please make sure that you clear any cache that you might have on your website.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

I cleared all caches and I am still having the same issues. See secure note for log in information. Please advise ASAP as I haven not been able to update anything for the last 4 days, Thanks!

Hi @smashbeatmedia,

I can confirm this, but this also happens even without X/Pro or cornerstone so I can’t rule out yet that this is a bug. It’s Wordpress default behavior to play video one at a time. If you’ll check your page’s last section, the video plays and it paused all other videos on the same page.

We’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

I have multiple other sites running the same setup with multiple video backgrounds at 1 time. At least 10 others that Ive never had a problem with. I am hesitant to update all my other sites because something with THIS theme update broke it. Please look into it and let me know what I can do asap. I shouldnt have to revert back to 3 versions ago to have it running properly. Thanks!

Hi @smashbeatmedia,

Would you mind providing some URL of those sites that aren’t updated? Maybe we could gather some data from there.

I also tried it with a clean installation of Wordpress and bBPress (without X/Pro and cornerstone) and it’s still the same, I can only play one video at a time. Then I tried it with older versions and it’s the same too. But, we’ll definitely continue checking this issue.

Thanks!

See “Secure Note” for examples

Hi,

Thank you for providing samples.

I have tried on my test sites(latest versions) and it also played one video at a time.

I have forwarded this to our web development team for review.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know we’ve fixed the issue where multiple background videos are automatically paused. With the next release they will not pause when other players start playing.

@alexander the videos on my site are not loading at all. They used to before this last realease. Now the blog posts load but the inline videos do not: https://baranvideo.com/blog/
The videos are using the iplayerhd shortcode and are pulled from outside urls “iplayerhd.com/player/video/7649c67a-82af-4b79-81e0-a55edf8f4393” for example.

Hi baranwedding,

That is a separate issue for your installation which you will need to open up a separate thread to follow up.

Please give us detailed information on how you set the videos on your installation there and give us the login information of your website on that thread using the Secure Note.

Important: Do not include your login information here as you are not the original poster of this thread and the Secure Note is visible to the original poster.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.