JS error after updating X version

I updated a site and have continued to have an issue with a a JS causing my site not to function as expected. The site utilizes Envira Gallery heavily and it is not functioning correctly because the X JS error.

https://stairsolution.com/

Hi There,

Please make sure you’ve updated the X theme to the latest version as well.

If the issue still persist, please follow these steps:

1. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

I just replied with a secure note with the information. thank you for your assistance.

Hi There @stuartborders

I’m sorry but I’m getting the following error when tried to login.
ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect.

Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

Please try again. i have reset the password to the previous value.

Hi there,

You have updated X to the latest version but left Cornerstone in version 2.1.7 while the latest version is 3.2.5 which is causing an incompatibility issue.

Kindly make sure you also update Cornerstone to the latest version and other bundled plugins to avoid issues.

Hope this helps.

When I update the site I get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function x_values_anchor() in /home/solutionstair/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/definitions/button.php on line 23

See it live right now

Hi @stuartborders,

I checked and both are now updated. Where do you get that error? That’s going to happen if you load your site while the plugin is still updating.

I also checked and Envira gallery is loading just fine. Does this happen on a specific page?

Thanks!

The site is loading as expected now so that is good.

While the pictures are loading, wich they weren’t before, the plugin should launch a lightbox as it did before but it doesn’t.

Also the social icons are missing in the header and footer which are X functionality.

Hi There,

Try clearing any caching plugins you have active or the cache provided by your host. We updated FontAwesome with this release. Version 5 required changes to the markup, CSS, and the file location changed. Your site is probably serving the old markup which has references to the previous font location.

I’ve cleared my cache but it’s still happening. What do I do next? This could happen if your site has icon markup that you added directly rather than using our icon shortcode. As of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

I copied the envira gallerry shortcode to a post then the lightbox is working fine. Please copy the envira gallerry shortcode to text element instead.

Also try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I found the code in the function file that had the social icons hard coded. thanks for the help there.

Envira is still not working. It displays the images, but the lightbox does not work now.

https://stairsolution.com/

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site and I find out that you are using an older version of Envira gallery plugin. Could you please update to the latest versions?
- Envira Gallery 1.8.3

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.