JS conflicts from cornerstone

Hi guys,
I keep having JS issues using x-theme. Yes, I have hired a developer to try fix issues.
Atm my leadpages buttons do not work and scheduleonce does not show.
Another one is convertplus. This is what their customer care said:
[Note the error in screenshot looks like GTM which is google and inserted into header. It’s literally a copy paste from google!]

Hello,

Thanks for writing in!

We checked your site and seen that there are lots of JS error on your site’s pages.

Here is screenshot - https://goo.gl/UgoPav

This might be due to ‘cornerstone’ plugin. This js error blocks the further execution of another plugins js. Please contact your ‘cornerstone’ author and ask them for help.

Also, modal get open on your site but unable to close it because of this js error.

Let me know if you need further help.

~Prajakta.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try removing any custom JS that you have added and also disable your 3rd party plugins and test this issue again.

Make sure that you’re fully updated and using latest X compatible plugins. You can check the version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

If you’re still having any issues, provide us with your site URL to check this further.

Thanks!

Heya
I checked in cornerstone. There is no JS and i havent added anything accidentally in CSS either.
My JS is input into ‘insert headers and footers’ so should not run when plugin is turned off. There is basically only fb pixel and GTM in there anyway.
Everything is up to date.
I’ve looked in my htaccess, functions etc files in cpanel and cant see anything weird (not that i am an expert though)
I’ve turned off all plugins other than cornerstone and the embedded script from leadpages
It should be a yellow box which loads a popup on click.

The weird thing is that the site works exactly as needed when I am logged into wordpress.
you can see alexanderjarvis.com

Hi there,

I see that you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to disable CSS and Javascript minifications as X already provides a minified version.

If that doesn’t resolve your issue, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Hello @alexanderjarvis,

Thanks for sharing login details. :slight_smile:

I had a look at your website and can confirm the error messages showing up on my browser console. However, Uncaught ReferenceError: Tawk_API is not defined error message is not related with Cornerstone rather than it’s showing up because you are using Tawk.to Live Chat plugin. Error message says Tawk_API is not defined. Because error message is related with API, there is not much we can do to help you as it’s a 3 rd party chatting platform. I suggest you to please get in touch with tawk.to support team for further assistance.

Thanks.

I keep saying i turn off ALL THE PLUGINS and it doesn’t work.
Tawk to is a plugin. The not defined relates to google tag manager.
I am not asking about tawk to. Feel free to point exactly in my question where I mention this, please?

Leadpages and schedule once do not work.

When i am logged in:

when i am not logged in:

Hi,

The button works for me logged in or logged out.

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/A7nxLb0sce

It looks like a cache issue, please clear your plugin cache and browser cache then check again.

Thanks

It works now as I had to hire two developers to figure it out.
And no. It has NOTHING to do with tawk.to or some plugin as I explained multiple times.
It is not a cache issue.
Very simply the ‘new’ modules don’t work in cornerstone asyou would expect. If you input code into a new Text box they don’t work. You have to use Classic Text.
Reaching out to the “tawk.to support team for further assistance” wouldn’t really have been much use. Cheers!

Hi,

Glad to hear it’s fixed now. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.