JS Broke cornerstone

I added a custom JS into the Global theme options from another post that was meant to equalize column heights. Now cornerstone just sits and spins and I can’t get back in to delete the js. How can I remove the Javascript?

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Ok. Will do.

Hi there,

I am not sure if the cause of the issue is the Javascript which you have added. As there is an alternative way to access the options and it is from Appearance > Customize > Custom > Global JS menu. There is no Javascript there.

The options page in X > Launch > Options is also broken so this might be something related to your setup or a plugin conflict.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

The only change I made when it stopped working was in the cornerstone builder, I clicked on the is button and added the script and clicked save. After that, it would only spin. I have tried clearing the cache. Since it is a new site, there are virtually no plugins.

Hi There,

Manually edit your site database using PHP MyAdmin. Select your database, go to the table WP_Options and search for the option_name x_custom_scripts. There you will find the custom JS that you have added and you can edit the row and delete your script causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

That worked. Thanks!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.