Javscript ignoramus: How/Where to add Mailchimp Archive Code to Cornerstone in X

Got my code from mailchimp by clicking “Get archive Code” from the campaign page.
https://us5.admin.mailchimp.com/campaigns/#0

Code looks like HTML with call to Javascript:

Thought Raw content might be the place so tried here:

Saw the instructions at the top so tried here:

Noting that I just need the script- not this HTML…

Tried this…
language=“javascript” src="//be-nutritious.us5.list-manage.com/generate-js/?u=9bd174c7f0d9aefa39d514942&fid=10317&show=10" type=“text/javascript”

Clearly I suck and help out there?

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Hello @gabemott,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can add the CSS in the CSS panel under Theme Options X > Launch > Options > CSS. As for the script, please use Header and Footer Scripts plugin and place the code in header text box.

Thanks.

Thanks for the help getting the header/footer script plugin.
Unfortunately putting the script in the header as you suggest, well, ahem, puts the content in the header not the body.
I still have the code in the themex js as before so here you see I have two (and sort of three) resulting implentations.

Since my last post, for some reason putting the script into the js of cornerstone now works… sort of…

It IS showing up inthe body but it is replicating itself after acting and typing out the code–
does that make sense?
please advise

here’s the page: http://ayurveda.gabemott.com/newsletter/

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your admin login credentials? And since you already updated your cornerstone, you must update your theme too.

Your codes are wrapped with <pre> element which is why it’s not working.

Thanks!

Thank you. I updated the theme and you are right, it is showing now.
The new V2 elements are still confusing me.

What happened to background images from columns and rows? Or specifically, how do I make this image go full screen width?

sending login credentials in next post.

Hi there,

Glad it’s okay now. I checked that page and it’s not a background image, what you added is an image. Please delete it and set your background image in your section instead of adding image element.

Thanks!

Sorry I got us sidetracked. Thanks for helping fix the background image.
Back to the original concern, it seems to be working but not how we had initially tried.

A few questions:
In cornerstone, it doesn’t show the preview:

But more importantly I got it to do what I want. Thank you for your help. I did not use the header footer plugin though that may be useful in the future. It looks it may have just been updating cornerstone AND the theme.

To make it work I am just copying and pasting the archive code from mailchimp into a CLASSIC RAW element, but what if I was to use V2?

Hi, there,

You can you Text V2 element with the same purpose.

Thanks for asking!

where did this answer got moved to?

@LucyKeile,

Thanks for reaching out.

The meaning of the topic was moved to the correct place is, it was moved from Peer to Peer to Support. To know more about what is Peer to Peer, please check out this information. So the answer is just on this thread.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.