Java Script Error with Theme - Plugin

Hi guys,

I am experiencing a problem with a plugin i currently installed. Plugin is called: Directories Pro plugin (https://codecanyon.net/item/directories-pro-for-wordpress/21800540).

Problem description: When displaying the listings page the photos which I uploaded to the listing are not displayed. You can see the problem I mean at the following page: http://www.larp-oesterreich.at/locations/listing/burg-wildegg/ (here, right at the beginning you can see a big blank space between the header and the rest of the description, this is where the picture should be.) INterestingly there is a magnifiying glass (also there regularily) and when clicking on it it displays the picture as it should.

I already contacted the author of the plugin and this is what he stated:
It seems like there is a JavaScript error with the theme that is
preventing the photo slider of our plugin to be properly initialized.
Can you make sure that you are using the latest version of the theme
and also the plugins are up to date? It may be that the Cornerstone
plugin that comes with the X theme needs an update.

The Theme X Plugin is up to date, as is Cornerstone (at least I guess). Now I am coming back to you and I hope that you guys can help me out here. I would be really greatful if you could solve that problem, I really need such a listing for my community and there is really nothing comparable there at the moment.

Thank you very much guys!

Hi Askaron,

First of all, I totally understand that this is important for you that you have this 3rd party plugin compatible with our theme. On the other hand please consider that the 3rd party compatibility issue is outside of our support scope as there are countless plugins out there in the market and we do not know the ins and outs of each plugin like the original developers.

Having said that I want to do my best to find a possible solution or at least find the cause of the problem so that you can report back to the original developers. Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information. The latest version of the theme is 6.1.6 and the Cornerstone is 3.1.6
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.