Java Script error on website causing conflict since wordpress 5.0

Hello,

I have a java script error that seems to be the cause of a plugin failure on my website. Changing themes fixes the problem.

This JS error may be seem on this page

The JS error says:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘everinit’ of undefined
at a (x.js?ver=6.3.8&nocache=1:1)
at HTMLDocument. (x.js?ver=6.3.8&nocache=1:1)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4&nocache=1:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4&nocache=1:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4&nocache=1:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4&nocache=1:2)

This is a membership website and it is causing the membership plugin (S2Member pro) payment gateways to malfunction.

The website is no longer fit for purpose. Can you please help resolve this js error?

Thank you,

Gareth

Hello Gareth,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Prasent,

Many thanks for your response. It has been a while since I used X theme but I don’t think that that is the reason that I can’t seem to find any settings area for X in which to find the ‘Clear Style Cache’.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Could you confirm if Cornerstone is installed? It’s a required plugin for X. If you go to the X validation screen it should install automatically for you. I see you’re using Visual Composer. Cornerstone isn’t required for page building (although you might discover you prefer it) but there is some functionality included within it that X needs to operate fully.

Corner stone was not installed. It seems that the folder existed already and had to be removed so that the theme could automatically reinstall it.

Doing this seems to have resolved all symptoms.

I do question why X relies on a bolt on plugin to give it full functionality.

However, I am grateful for your help in resolving this problem.

Thank you

Hi @garethwyndavies,

Glad it’s okay now. And about your question, it’s Envato’s rule as far as I remember https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000481223. All functionality should be in plugin since the theme is just a presentation.

But you can upgrade to Pro, there is no need for cornerstone plugin since it’s built-in to Pro.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.