Issues with YOAST SEO after updating 6.4.5

Hi. Since the last Update to 6.4.5 there is a problem with the YOAST SEO field on the editor.

First the text appears normal, then everything disappears after a few seconds (please see screenshots).
I’ve already deleted the cache, that can’t be it.

This behavior only exists since the update to version 6.4.5 and the update of Cornerstone.

Can you confirm this too?
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please check the following information and see if you can isolate the issue.

1. First make sure that you’re using the latest version of WordPress on your site. You can check the latest version from here (https://wordpress.org/download/) and follow their update guide if required (https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress).

2. Make sure that you’re using the latest version of X theme and Cornerstone plugin. You can check the latest version information from here (https://theme.co/changelog/) and follow our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

3. Make sure that you’re running PHP version 5.6.x or later on your server to avoid any incompatibility issues. You can contact your hosting provider to update your PHP version if necessary.

If you’re still having issues, please enable your WP_DEBUG mode on your WordPress by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG), then revisit your page and see if you’re getting any PHP errors.

In case if you cannot isolate this issue, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

1. Yes, Wordpress 5.0.2
  2. Yes, the latest Version of X and Cornerstone
  3. Yes, I´m running 7.1

WP_DEBUG has no errors

I will send you a login

Michael

Hey Michael,

I did get that blank Yoast SEO tab like in your screenshot but when I switched to the default WordPress theme to see if it’s a bug in Yoast SEO, the tab worked in the default theme. I switched back to Pro again and it’s still working. I’ve reloaded several times to double check and it works.

I’ve then updated by site to from WP 5.0 to 5.0.2 and the blank tab happened again. But this time, I just reloaded the page and it went back from working. This means that this is a conflict with Yoast SEO and WordPress updates. Please follow what I did to see if that fixes the issue especially that we can’t do that test in your live site. Also try testing with Gutenberg and with Classic Editor plugin active.

Thanks.

It is not a conflict with YOAST and Wordpress. Everything worked perfect yesterday. The problem happend since I updated X from 6.4.4 to 6.4.5. today.

I have a Pro licence - but I don´t work with Pro - I work with X 6.4

Michael

I deactivated the Plugin “Classic Editor” and everything is working with YOAST.
So there is a conflict between the Classic Editor and 6.4.5.

X and Cornerstone are essentially the same as Pro with the exception of the Header and Footer builder.

Anyway, I’ve switched to the latest version of X and Cornerstone and still, Yoast SEO analysis tab works fine.

In one of your pages, the tab goes blank when Yoast SEO is loading the Focus keyphrase.

It’s weird though that while still investigating, it just worked.

I believe you did something just now?

Thanks.

Oh I just saw your response. I haven’t tested the Classic Editor plugin so thank you for testing. I did suggest that in my previous reply though.

Thanks.

Yes, I deactivated the Classic Editor and then I can edit the SEO YOAST fields again.

But again: this bug with the blank tab happend since the last update from 6.4.4 to 6.4.5. today. So there must be a conflict between the Classic Editor and X. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Michael

I have replicated the conflict between X, Cornerstone, Yoast SEO and the Classic Editor plugin. Regretfully, there is currently no other solution. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware of the conflict but please note that we could not give an ETA as to when this can be fixed.

Thanks.

I’m having this exact same issue. On a large site with lots of posts where we don’t (yet) want to use Gutenburg.

It doesn’t seem like a great solution to have to disable the Classic Editor everytime we want to update a snippet :frowning:

I hope this issue can be given some priority.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

It’s added to our issue tracker and should be fixed on next releases.

Thanks!

Good to hear this is on the fix list.

I have the same issue and had to disable the classic editor plugin. Basically I could see the SEO info until I click on the title to edit the snipit. Then the Yoast info just disappears.

Hope this is fixed soon as I’m in the middle of updating to Yoast and helping clients with the transition. Need Yoast and classic editor to work with X Theme Pro. All part of the WordPress growing pains.

You’re most welcome! Could you try updating to X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.4.6? That update was for the SEO conflict with the classic editor, then test it again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.