Issues with Ubermenu styling (tried short code approach)

HI, I am having the exact same ubermenu issue that another user posted about a week ago, and so I followed your suggestion with using the shortcode and the problem did not fully resolve- the ubermenu shows up now but the styling is not carrying over completely to the first 2 main pages-the font displays in the wrong color, but the correct styling does show up in the subs of those two pages in their respective dropdowns. Also, what is showing up in the sandbox is an incomplete version of the same menu.

I’ve gone through all suggested troubleshooting options - spent an entire day doing so- and have not been able to fully resolve the issue, so I am asking the experts. Beyond the shortcode approach, I am clueless as to where to enter the code that will manually override the theme navigation.

Hello @Cara,

Thanks for writing in!

To override the default navigation, adding the UberMenu shortcode in a text element or content area should do that. The styling of the UberMenu like adding a menu item background color should be done in Appearance > UberMenu > General Settings to make it look like the default menu navigation.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thanks for getting back to me!

I went into the UberMenu settings from the WP menu tab and accessed the UberMenu settings from below the WP menu structure and adjusting things there worked. For me, doing so from any other interface had no effect.

I had not realized those settings were actually down there- this was my first go with UberMenu and I had not made it to tweaking my menu structure until after I had the styling issue and posted the help request here.

Thanks,
Again
Cara

Hey Cara,

You are most welcome.
It’s good to know that we were able to help you out.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.