Issues with social icons

Please help me with this issue:

Social icons are showing as \f08c and \f082 on header and footer.

Social icons are not showing at all using the social icons elements on a page.

Thank you!

Flavia

Hi Flavia,

Upon checking your website, I could see that the FontAwesome files are returning 404 errors which mean the the font files have been deleted or have an issue with the permission:

Please follow these steps to fix this issue:

• Make sure the font files are existed under x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/ directory.
  • If they’re existed, you should contact to hosting provider to correct the permission.

For more information, please take a look at this: https://wordpress.org/support/article/changing-file-permissions/

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hello. I called my hosting company and permissions is not a problem.

If you look at the domain in which its looking for the image it says www.vantagephotocontest.com not www.partistryevents.com

This theme used to be used with that domain, but I canceled that license and changed to the new domain.

do you have any clue how I can fix that? Thanks.

Hey Flavia,

I checked your page and this is happening due the custom CSS you’ve added in the theme. Please find and remove the following code:

.x-icon-facebook-square:before {
                content:"\\f082";
            }

.x-icon-twitter-square:before {
                content: "\\f081";
            }

.x-icon-google-plus-square:before {
                content: "\\f0d4";
            }

.x-icon-linkedin-square:before {
                content: "\\f08c";
            }

.x-icon-youtube-square:before {
                content: "\\f166";
            }

.x-icon-rss-square:before {
                content: "\\f143";
            }

Removing the above code should fix the issue. Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after removing the code. Let us know how this goes!

Hello. That did not work. It is still showing the same way. This was in place because I was trying to find a solution to the problem. I cleared the cache. Still didn’t work.

Hi Flavia,

Would you mind providing us your login url and WP credentials so that we can take a closer look at your settings? Please create a secure note in your next reply and add the credentials in the secure note. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thank you, I’m sending a note

Hi Flavia,

The above CSS is not removed, it still there.

It’s added in Admin > Appearance > Customizer > Additional CSS, please remove it.

Thanks!

You’re right, I had it in two places. I removed it from the other place. It is still there. Didn’t work. I cleared cache.

never mind. :wink:

Glad it’s working now, cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.