Issues with Parallax menu & topbar

I am having problems with https://www.eastfieldgarage.co.uk. When the topbar is showing & I click a link it does not go to the section but goes over it. If clicked again then it will scroll to the begining of the section.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You have a caching overload in your site. Since you have installed a caching plugin Autoptimizer, SG Optimizer and W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

And also since you are using SiteGround, could you please clear the site cache in the supercacher in your hosting panel too. The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

And one last thing, please go to X > Theme Options > Header > Navbar and set the Navbar top height to “103” because you only set it to 90 which could cause a slight difference when you click the custom link.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

I have updated the Navbar size within the settings however when I click on for example “Why Us” when the topbar shows I get the following view

If I then click on “Why us” again it will go to the top of the section & then the navbar will work fine. It only happens when the Navbar class goes from “x-navbar” to “x-navbar x-navbar-fixed-top” but after the initial click it will work fine.

Hi @tekserv

This issue has been reported to our dev team for further investigation and fix, meanwhile you might try this temporary fix mentioned in that thread:

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Alaa,

Thanks for the code worked a treat. Thanks you guys for your assistance again :smile:

Regards,
Andrew

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.