Issues With Gravity Forms - Conditional Logic - Multi-step - Modals

Currently I have somebody working on this issue for me, but they have not been able to figure it out. I asked him to type out the question:

I am using modal for multi-step conditions in gravity form. Each response in step one will follow with a conditional step two and then a conditional step three etc. During step one I am using radio buttons with three choices, but when I test it out, upon selection of one of the choices, step two just goes blank. It actually works without using modal but doing it in modal will just close the modal form after you proceed to the next step. Any thoughts on what could be happening? Thank you in advance

Hey Edward,

Regretfully, there’s currently an issue with the Gravity Forms and the Modal elements. I’ll add this case in the bug report.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Will you update this post once there is a fix? Any idea how long of a cycle we are looking at in terms of a fix to this issue?
Thank you

Hi Edward,

I’ve taken a look at this and regretfully I don’t think it’s something we can solve on our end. The problem is that Gravity Forms is reloading the page at which point the modal’s lifecycle is invalidated. Modal state is not persisted across page loads since it’s just a javascript toggle. It could be possible to support doing this with some custom development but this would be outside of the scope of support we can offer.

is something that should be fixed for X theme if it works okay with Wordpress? Gravity form is suggested as part of the integration for X theme and I have multiple licenses for client sites with X that rely on using g form and not having a solution for this problem would be disappointing, to say the least.

Hey Edward,

You should use Gravity Forms outside of the modal or you should not use the modal element for Gravity Forms for the reason stated above by our lead developer. Since our lead developer already investigated, we can’t consider this as a bug now but rather an incompatibility with the modal element.

Please also note that what Supported Third Party Plugins means is the theme has some style integration. For example, the theme has some integrated WooCommerce style or design.

Integration does not mean that all plugin features will play well or work with all of the elements. Like in this case, the combination of modal elements and multi-step Gravity Forms is technically impossible to integrate.

I hope your understand our position on this also.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.