Issues with Essential Grid Saving

Hello

I have been using Essential Grid for a few years and had a few problems along the wayt but this is the first time it will to allow me to save updates to any grid. I have read several forum posts but been unable to sort this.

Can you please assist.

I will include log in details in a secure note.

Thank you so much in advance.

Tim

Hi @Basstimg,

Thanks for reaching out.

I just tried it and saves okay, may I know what changes and which grid you’re updating? Have you also tried disabling the caches while doing that? It’s because the cache is against change and you’ll not see your changes in real time. And if it’s hosting cache related, have you tried it on staging environment where caches are inactive or with different hosting environment?

Thanks!

Hi Rad

I have tried adding a page in Source section on well over 10 of my grids. The SAve button in green will not function at all it’s not a cache issue ie. it saves but is not showing the changes, the button is literally not work and doesn’t complete the function of saving…

Thanks for your response

Tim

Hi Tim,

I checked and there lots of grid, I tried editing a few and it seems to work.
Please specify the grid name and what specific change you are making.
Or if you wouldn’t mind providing us a video showing the issue so we can better understand what the problem is.

Thanks

Hi thanks for your message I am not really sure how you can save anything as the save button is not working on any grid for me. As you know i have a lot of grids so I am quite experienced about how the plugin works and it is not saving anything. Is the page

I have noticed something else it is now showing in the grid when i add a page to grid and when i refresh the grid. However when i purge the cache it is not showing

Hi Tim,

I checked again and can see you have a really old version of theme and plugins but you have the latest version of wordpress. This might be due to incompatibility.

Please update everything to these versions.

Don’t forget to backup your site first before updating

Thanks

Hi Rad i have tried updating the theme and the issue is still there. I restored the site as i have another issue when updating that i am waiting to be resolved -

When i update the theme the social icons i have on the first section of ever page all disappear except one. I believe its related to a code i was given by theme x support. It worked fine for well over a year and if only effected by updating. I did post a support thread. Can you also me with this?

I think the icons are still there after an update but they are not visible.

Like i said this doen;t help the issue with Essential grid if i update but it would be good to have everything updated as it is effecting my site. I also but a private message to theme x support last night about this as its been going on a long time

The other support thread is called:
Cornerstone Update / Social Icons

It closed after 10 days because i was on holiday and. couldn’t access the thread. Then i have messaged since but no reply

Thank you for your time

Since your website is a live site, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X/Pro updates in the staging area, do the customization and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

After that, please provide us with URL/User/Pass of your staging site using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Can you please create a new ticket for this issue?

Thank you.

I have created a staging site and will put log in details in a secure note. i will aslo put a ticket in for the issue with udates

Hi @Basstimg,

Can you please also provide us with authentication username and password as well?

Thank you.

Addded in secure note below. Thank you

Hi @Basstimg,

The icon HTML codes in your custom PHP code is outdated. Please compare and update to the lates version:

function x_shortcode_share( $atts ) {
  extract( shortcode_atts( array(
    'id'          => '',
    'class'       => '',
    'style'       => '',
    'title'       => '',
    'share_title' => '',
    'facebook'    => '',
    'twitter'     => '',
    'google_plus' => '',
    'linkedin'    => '',
    'pinterest'   => '',
    'reddit'      => '',
    'email'       => '',
    'email_subject' => ''
  ), $atts, 'x_share' ) );

$share_url        = urlencode( get_permalink() );

if ( is_singular() ) {
    $share_url = urlencode( get_permalink() );
  } else {
    global $wp;
    $share_url = urlencode( home_url( ($wp->request) ? $wp->request : '' ) );
  }

if ( is_singular() ) {
    $share_title = ( $share_title    != '' ) ? esc_attr( $share_title ) : urlencode( get_the_title() );
  } else {
    $share_title = ( $share_title    != '' ) ? esc_attr( $share_title ) : urlencode( apply_filters( 'the_title', get_page( get_option( 'page_for_posts' ) )->post_title) );
  }

$share_source     = urlencode( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) );
  $share_image_info = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'full' );
  $share_image      = ( function_exists( 'x_get_featured_image_with_fallback_url' ) ) ? urlencode( x_get_featured_image_with_fallback_url() ) : urlencode( $share_image_info[0] );

if ( $linkedin    == 'true' ) {
    $share_content    = urlencode( cs_get_raw_excerpt() );
  }

$tooltip_attr = cs_generate_data_attributes_extra( 'tooltip', 'hover', 'bottom' );

$id          = ( $id          != ''     ) ? 'id="' . esc_attr( $id ) . '"' : '';
  $class       = ( $class       != ''     ) ? 'x-entry-share ' . esc_attr( $class ) : 'x-entry-share';
  $style       = ( $style       != ''     ) ? 'style="' . $style . '"' : '';
  $title       = ( $title       != ''     ) ? $title : csi18n('shortcodes.share-title');
  $facebook    = ( $facebook    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-facebook') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u={$share_url}&amp;t={$share_title}', 'popupFacebook', 'width=650, height=270, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-facebook-square\" " . fa_data_icon('facebook-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $twitter     = ( $twitter     == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-twitter') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text={$share_title}&amp;url={$share_url}', 'popupTwitter', 'width=500, height=370, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-twitter-square\" " . fa_data_icon('twitter-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $google_plus = ( $google_plus == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-google-plus') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://plus.google.com/share?url={$share_url}', 'popupGooglePlus', 'width=650, height=226, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-google-plus-square\" " . fa_data_icon('google-plus-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $linkedin    = ( $linkedin    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-linkedin') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&amp;url={$share_url}&amp;title={$share_title}&amp;summary={$share_content}&amp;source={$share_source}', 'popupLinkedIn', 'width=610, height=480, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-linkedin-square\" " . fa_data_icon('linkedin-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $pinterest   = ( $pinterest   == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-pinterest') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url={$share_url}&amp;media={$share_image}&amp;description={$share_title}', 'popupPinterest', 'width=750, height=265, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-pinterest-square\" " . fa_data_icon('pinterest-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $reddit      = ( $reddit      == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-reddit') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.reddit.com/submit?url={$share_url}', 'popupReddit', 'width=875, height=450, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-reddit-square\" " . fa_data_icon('reddit-square') . "></i></a>" : '';

if ( $email       == 'true' ) {

$email_subject = esc_attr( ( $email_subject != '' ) ? cs_decode_shortcode_attribute( $email_subject ) : csi18n('shortcodes.share-email-subject') );
    $mail_to_subject = esc_attr( $share_title );
    $mail_to_url = esc_url( get_permalink() );

$mail_to = "mailto:?subject=$mail_to_subject&amp;body=$email_subject $mail_to_url";

$email = "<a href=\"{$mail_to}\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share email\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-email') . "\"><span><i class=\"x-icon-envelope-square\" " . fa_data_icon('envelope-square') . "></i></span></a>";

} else {
    $email = '';
  }

$output = "<div {$id} class=\"{$class}\" {$style}>"
            . '<p>' . $title . '</p>'
            . '<div class="x-share-options">'
              . $facebook . $twitter . $google_plus . $linkedin . $pinterest . $reddit . $email
            . '</div>'
          . '</div>';

return $output;
}

add_shortcode( 'x_share', 'x_shortcode_share' );

I’ve also checked your Essential Grid, it’s still saving fine.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I never put PhP code in for this it was done through customiser or cornerstone i have just checked and looks like no code is there anymore and lots of sections don;t exist that used to. Have the updates changed this changed the way you add code ?

The PHP is surely a code that comes with Theme X right ? So has it gone out of date due to your updates ? Sorry i am not good at PHP wil you be able to assist with this please ?

This is howthe icons are supposed to look on my site

and how they look now

As you can see all the picutres have also vanished now too.

The Essential Grid definately doesn’t save. This is what shows when i try to save :

It is the same on every grid when i try the title has a red broder come up and it won;t let it save

Alsoi take it you have now updated this ? as all the cover pictures hve now vanished from the videos grids ?

Hello @Basstimg,

Could you please give us the updated WP login details to your site so that we can get pass by the authentication screen and log in to your WordPress dashboard so that we can investigate the issue further. The given codes in your previous responses does not for us by the way.

Best Regards.

I have updated the login details in secure note

Hello @Basstimg,

I have logged in to your site and just as I expected, your issue is coming from a custom PHP code in your child theme’s functions.php file. You are using this outdated code:

function x_shortcode_share_v2( $atts ) {
    'id'          => '',
    'class'       => '',
    'style'       => '',
    'title'       => '',
    'share_title' => '',
    'facebook'    => '',
    'twitter'     => '',
    'google_plus' => '',
    'linkedin'    => '',
    'pinterest'   => '',
    'reddit'      => '',
    'email'       => '',
    'email_subject' => ''
  ), $atts, 'x_share' ) );

if ( is_singular() ) {
  } else {
    global $wp;
  }

if ( is_singular() ) {
    $share_title = ( $share_title    != '' ) ? esc_attr( $share_title ) : urlencode( get_the_title() );
  } else {
    $share_title = ( $share_title    != '' ) ? esc_attr( $share_title ) : urlencode( apply_filters( 'the_title', get_page( get_option( 'page_for_posts' ) )->post_title) );
  }

$share_image_info = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'full' );
  $share_image      = ( function_exists( 'x_get_featured_image_with_fallback_url' ) ) ? urlencode( x_get_featured_image_with_fallback_url() ) : urlencode( $share_image_info[0] );

}

$tooltip_attr = cs_generate_data_attributes_extra( 'tooltip', 'hover', 'bottom' );

$id          = ( $id          != ''     ) ? 'id="' . esc_attr( $id ) . '"' : '';
  $class       = ( $class       != ''     ) ? 'x-entry-share ' . esc_attr( $class ) : 'x-entry-share';
  $title       = ( $title       != ''     ) ? $title : csi18n('shortcodes.share-title');
  $facebook    = ( $facebook    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-facebook') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u={$share_url}&amp;t={$share_title}', 'popupFacebook', 'width=650, height=270, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-facebook-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf082;\"></i></a>" : '';
  $twitter     = ( $twitter     == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-twitter') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text={$share_title}&amp;url={$share_url}', 'popupTwitter', 'width=500, height=370, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-twitter-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf081;\"></i></a>" : '';
  $google_plus = ( $google_plus == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-google-plus') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://plus.google.com/share?url={$share_url}', 'popupGooglePlus', 'width=650, height=226, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-google-plus-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf0d4;\"></i></a>" : '';
  $linkedin    = ( $linkedin    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-linkedin') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&amp;url={$share_url}&amp;title={$share_title}&amp;summary={$share_content}&amp;source={$share_source}', 'popupLinkedIn', 'width=610, height=480, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-linkedin-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf08c;\"></i></a>" : '';
  $pinterest   = ( $pinterest   == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-pinterest') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url={$share_url}&amp;media={$share_image}&amp;description={$share_title}', 'popupPinterest', 'width=750, height=265, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-pinterest-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf0d3;\"></i></a>" : '';
  $reddit      = ( $reddit      == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-reddit') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.reddit.com/submit?url={$share_url}', 'popupReddit', 'width=875, height=450, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-reddit-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf1a2;\"></i></a>" : '';
  $email_subject = ( $email_subject != '' ) ? esc_attr( $email_subject ) : csi18n('shortcodes.share-email-subject');
  $mail_to     =  "mailto:?subject=" . get_the_title() . "&body=" . $email_subject . " " . get_permalink() . "" ;
  $email       = ( $email       == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"{$mail_to}\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share email\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-email') . "\"><span><i class=\"x-icon-envelope-square\" data-x-icon=\"&#xf199;\"></i></span></a>" : '';

. '<!--TEST--><p>' . $title . '</p>'
              . $facebook . $twitter . $google_plus . $linkedin . $pinterest . $reddit . $email
            . '</div>'
          . '</div>';

return $output;
}

You will have to update the code using the code given by @Thai:

function x_shortcode_share_v2( $atts ) {
    'id'          => '',
    'class'       => '',
    'style'       => '',
    'title'       => '',
    'share_title' => '',
    'facebook'    => '',
    'twitter'     => '',
    'google_plus' => '',
    'linkedin'    => '',
    'pinterest'   => '',
    'reddit'      => '',
    'email'       => '',
    'email_subject' => ''
  ), $atts, 'x_share' ) );

if ( is_singular() ) {
  } else {
    global $wp;
  }

if ( is_singular() ) {
  } else {
  }

}

$facebook    = ( $facebook    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-facebook') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u={$share_url}&amp;t={$share_title}', 'popupFacebook', 'width=650, height=270, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-facebook-square\" " . fa_data_icon('facebook-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $twitter     = ( $twitter     == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-twitter') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text={$share_title}&amp;url={$share_url}', 'popupTwitter', 'width=500, height=370, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-twitter-square\" " . fa_data_icon('twitter-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $google_plus = ( $google_plus == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-google-plus') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('https://plus.google.com/share?url={$share_url}', 'popupGooglePlus', 'width=650, height=226, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-google-plus-square\" " . fa_data_icon('google-plus-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $linkedin    = ( $linkedin    == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-linkedin') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&amp;url={$share_url}&amp;title={$share_title}&amp;summary={$share_content}&amp;source={$share_source}', 'popupLinkedIn', 'width=610, height=480, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-linkedin-square\" " . fa_data_icon('linkedin-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $pinterest   = ( $pinterest   == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-pinterest') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url={$share_url}&amp;media={$share_image}&amp;description={$share_title}', 'popupPinterest', 'width=750, height=265, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-pinterest-square\" " . fa_data_icon('pinterest-square') . "></i></a>" : '';
  $reddit      = ( $reddit      == 'true' ) ? "<a href=\"#share\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-reddit') . "\" onclick=\"window.open('http://www.reddit.com/submit?url={$share_url}', 'popupReddit', 'width=875, height=450, resizable=0, toolbar=0, menubar=0, status=0, location=0, scrollbars=0'); return false;\"><i class=\"x-icon-reddit-square\" " . fa_data_icon('reddit-square') . "></i></a>" : '';

if ( $email       == 'true' ) {

$email_subject = esc_attr( ( $email_subject != '' ) ? cs_decode_shortcode_attribute( $email_subject ) : csi18n('shortcodes.share-email-subject') );
    $mail_to_subject = esc_attr( $share_title );
    $mail_to_url = esc_url( get_permalink() );

$mail_to = "mailto:?subject=$mail_to_subject&amp;body=$email_subject $mail_to_url";

$email = "<a href=\"{$mail_to}\" {$tooltip_attr} class=\"x-share email\" title=\"" . csi18n('shortcodes.share-email') . "\"><span><i class=\"x-icon-envelope-square\" " . fa_data_icon('envelope-square') . "></i></span></a>";

} else {
    $email = '';
  }

. '<p>' . $title . '</p>'
            . '</div>'
          . '</div>';

return $output;
}

I tried updating the code myself but it does not allow me. You may need to update your child theme’s functions.php file manually through your FTP access.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Says scrape nonce chck failed when i try to update the file

Hi @Basstimg,

The nonce is used to make sure the request is coming from your current session or action, as part of security. This only means the nonce could be invalid. Please check this https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scrape-nonce-check-failed-please-try-again/, ike one said, it could be DNS or CloudFlare related since the requests are passing through them. Perhaps your site has a setup similar to it?

Thanks!

Hi Rad I have contacred my host and there appears to be an isseu with updating php. in appearnace - editor etc I am workig wiht theme to find a resolution to the icons.

However there is still the issue with essential gird can you please assist with that ? I beleive everything is updated now which was what i was asked to do to get assiatnce.

Before theb update i was unabel to save any changes in essenital grid. This havs not changed i have incliuded pictures above about this. This is what is see

Also after the update i now also have no images on any of my video grids which are on most of my pages as i am a music agency.

Mobile grids don;t appear to be effected it is just on the deslktop screen size. Can you have a look please

Thanks in advance Tim

Hi @Basstimg,

The cause of the issue for not saving is the PixelYourSite plugin, it blocks the save action. Please disable it if you wish to save changes within your grid.

About the missing video thumbnail, it appears to be Vimeo related issue and your site is unable to access them. Does this happen on the live site as well? I think this happens since you move to staging site with different URL, and some URLs are affected including font, images, and so on.

Could you try checking it on live site? I like to but the same credentials don’t work on a live one.

Thanks!