Issues with Cornerstone Saving & Displaying Correct Content

Hello, I am a long term user of Theme X, since the very beginning. Have purchased the theme for over 15+ clients, never had any issues. With the most recent website, we are having issues with Cornerstone on specifically the /Home page (page with the most cornerstone elements)

In the Edit with Cornerstone page, the first issue is that all elements are displayed whether they are set to not display on XS screen size or not, this is the same even when I select other screen sizes. This makes it very confusing and hard to update.

Second issue is that, Cornerstone will not save changes, I get the Uh Oh failed to save content… message

Have been working to resolve it for a few days now, have tried all resolutions; disabled plugins one by one, increased php memory limit, but none of them has solved it. The only way I can get it to save sometimes, is if I disable all plugins and continously try to save, it ends up working once in every 7-8 attempts.

I really need to get this resolved, will appreciate if you guys can login and take a look aswell.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! I checked your setup and I see your content is being served by the cache, this could be the problem. Please purge the cache first and disable the cache plugin and all optimization services and then test the site again.

Let us know how this goes!

No, have already tried. The cache plugin has been inactive for the last 48hrs still the same issue.

Hi There,

I will suggest few troubleshooting steps that you should follow:

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare please follow the steps below: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  4. Follow the steps mentioned here.

Let us know your FTP details if the issue still exists after the steps.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.