Issues updating the version

Hi!

I have tried to update the X theme and also the cornerstone to the new version. There is a leap from the one I have had.

If I update first the theme, I brakes all the image links and the section colors are gone.
If I first update the cornerstone, all the section backgrounds are gone.

I have now updated on the Cornestone and I can see in Cornerstone that the Image is there, but it does not show on live page. The image has place on Background lower layer. Even though I try to remove it and place again, it does now show. What is wrong?

I have two other pages that need to update from

X from 6.5.5. to 7.0.4
Cornerstone from 3.5.4. to 4.0.4.

How I can be sure that nothing gets broken. It´s a big jump.

Hello Anni,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and can see you are using X Theme version 6.4.5. To avoid any compatibility issues please update X to latest version 7.0.4. At the same time I see you have multiple cache plugins installed on the website. Usually using multiple cache plugins causes more conflicts.

In that regards I suggest you to remove one cache plugin.

I suggest you to setup a staging server so that update process can be tested. In case any issue comes up, same can be looked at without affecting the live website. Once staging server is up and running, please take a look at our update guide and follow the instructions mentioned in the same.

Once you update X and Cornerstone, please make sure to clear server and browser cache so that latest resources are at use.

Thanks.

Hi!

I am not the coder, just a marketing person who is using WP :slight_smile:

But I managed to do that. I update first the Cornerstone. Then I managed to find the Clear CSS Cache. It was under X-Settings (and after that appears Status and here is the button). Clicked that without help.

The I updated X-theme and again clicked the Clear CSS Cache button and all good!

Hello Anni,

That’s fine my friend. One need not be a developer to use WordPress and X Theme, Cornerstone. Our tools are fairly easy to use as while designing and developing X and Cornerstone we keep usability as one of the top priority.

Awesome. I am glad to hear that you got it working. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.