Issues since moving to new host

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing in! Your issue is not a license related issue. First of all, please review our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126) and make sure that you have properly migrated your website.

Then install the following plugin on both your old and new WordPress installations (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/), and compare the following information. Once you install the plugin, you can head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo.

1. PHP version - We recommend PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.
  2. PHP max script execution time - We recommend the value 120 or higher. If you see it’s set to 30 seconds, use the following guide and increase it (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).
  3. PHP memory limit - We recommend PHP memory limit of 512MiB or higher. If you see a lower value, follow our guide here and see if you can increase it (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

Sorry for the delay in replying!

Thanks for your advice. I got my developer to move the site to a fresh Wordpress installation, and everything seems to be working now (including the media button, etc except the images aren’t loading.

Here’s what the developer did:

• Exported the website’s content under Tools - Export into an xml file.
  • Moved the entire site to a backup folder
  • Created a brand new db so the other one wasn’t touched
  • Did a fresh installation of Wordpress on the hosting space
  • Imported the content under Tools - Import
  • Moved the media from the backup folder to the live folder. (wp-content/uploads)

Do you know why the images aren’t working? Is there something that was missed or done incorrectly?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Media are images attached to existing posts, moving images through FTP or File Manager will only move the said files, but those files are no longer connected to the posts where they are added. Please check this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42392567/how-to-import-wordpress-posts-with-images-and-featured-images/46596918

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I spoke to my developer and here’s what he said:

I’ve moved over all the media as you can see all the images when you look at an individual post.

It’s not a case of missing images, if it was it would display a ton of errors when i do an Inspect on the page. But there’s no errors at all. So it’s more like it’s not displaying any image at all, rather than trying to display one that doesn’t exist.

So it looks like maybe there is something else at work. The developer thinks it’s an issue with the theme rather than with Wordpress itself.

Another thing I should add: there’s exposed code on the old homepage (I’ve had to create a temporary “be right back” page while this is fixed). I’ve attached an image so you can see how it looks:

Hi Alex,

Kindly also check the version of X theme and Cornerstone on your site including the bundled plugins and make sure all of them are up to date.

Please also try to do a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists upon trying the suggestions above, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hope this helps.

Just checked and everything’s up to date. I tried disabling all the plugins, but no luck there.

For some reason there’s no option for a secure note.

Hi Alex,

You can only add it in the secure note in your existing post. It’s either post a reply first then add a secure note on it, or add it in your first post’s secure note.

Else, please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing. There should be a secure note button :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Oh! Sorry, I’ve added the secure note below.

Hi Alex,

Before I continue testing, please make sure to disable your host’s pagespeed feature. I deactivated the plugin but has no effect, it’s probably your host feature (most of the case).

Then, make sure to use the correct version of parent X theme. Your parent X theme is still on older version, while the latest one is the one named x-backup. Hence, mismatched version between cornerstone and X theme.

And the reason the images are empty is because, your custom code in the child theme’s functions.php are no longer compatible. I recommend removing that custom code but make sure to have a back-up of it.

Thanks!

Thanks. I’ve updated the plugin and X version (for some reason earlier it said there were no updates available). I’ve asked my developer to temporarily disable the PageSpeed stuff too.

The custom code was to add excerpts to the recent_posts shortcode. Why would that break the images?

Anyway, I removed the code but unfortunately the images still aren’t appearing.

Hi Alex,

The Pagespeed is still active, it’s an optimization and I still see the CSS being served from it. But upon further checking, you haven’t set featured images to them.

This is what I’m referring that uploading images will not set the data that link the post the image (featured image attachment). Please check this https://kellenmace.com/include-featured-images-with-posts-using-wordpress-exportimport-tool/

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. It’s quite late here so I’ll have to get my developer to turn off the PageSpeed stuff tomorrow. I’ll also ask him to re-export the site using that link you’ve attached.

Sure thing, Alex. Please update the thread accordingly. :slight_smile:

OK, my developer has just disabled the PageSpeed stuff.

Do you know where the featured images need to be stored? The developer can move them across if we know that.

Hi Alex,

Please follow the following article.

Where Does WordPress Store Images on Your Site?

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks. I sent that to my developer. Here’s what he said:

I’ve just had a check through the db according to that link you sent and then checking this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28643654/where-is-the-post-featured-image-link-stored-in-the-wordpress-database

All your featured images are where they’re supposed to be, the thumbnails just aren’t linking to them, which would lead me to believe it’s a setting in the admin or something simple.

Do you know what we can do next to fix this?

Hey Alex,

I’ve reread the thread and just by scanning the steps your developer took to migrate your site, I see that this is the source of the issue. The migration was not correct in the first place especially the database migration. That is why your Media gallery is empty in WordPress back-end.

Sure the images show up in the post because he uploaded the image files to the correct folder. But, that’s just it. It’s only the front-end that works but because he did not do the database migration. Importing content using Tools > Import is not database migration.

Please redo the migration following our guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126. Please read or let your developer read from the beginning to the end. You will encounter no issue once followed correctly.

Regarding the shortcodes showing up in your content, those are Visual Composer shortcodes. Looks like you’re using Visual Composer previously and uninstalled the plugin so the shortcodes were left in the content.

We’d love to help you further with this but regretfully, troubleshooting WordPress migration issues is outside the scope of our support. We are veering into a custom service here. I’d recommend that you hire a qualified developer to do the migration for you.

Thank you for understanding.

Ah that could well be it! Thanks for checking. I was worried there was some sort of issue with the Theme not being registered properly after the transfer.

I’ll send the link and your thoughts to the developer and we’ll take another crack at it.

Thanks again.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.