Issues after Moving Site

Here is a quick explanation. I have a dev server where I create new websites, these sites are set up as subdomains. Once the site is complete, I take the site and move it to my regular server where the new website will reside. For some reason, this time when I moved a site from my dev to regular, there are many issues happening. First, when I try to edit a page using cornerstone, everything loads up, but it is as if I am starting over. None of the previous elements are showing. Everything is gone! In addition, I have a fixed or sticky header and that is not working either. I have tried all morning to figure out what is happening but I can’t seem to get it to work. PLEASE HELP!

Hello @JVennard81,

Thanks for writing in!
I have checked your site and I noticed that there is a JS error on the page. It is because of a typographic error in your custom javascript code:

Query(document).ready(function($) {
  $(window).scroll(function() {
    var scrollPos = $(window).scrollTop(),
        navbar = $('.x-navbar');

if (scrollPos > 400) {
      navbar.addClass('alt-color');
    } else {
      navbar.removeClass('alt-color');
    }
  });
});

Please have this updated and use this:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
  $(window).scroll(function() {
    var scrollPos = $(window).scrollTop(),
        navbar = $('.x-navbar');

if (scrollPos > 400) {
      navbar.addClass('alt-color');
    } else {
      navbar.removeClass('alt-color');
    }
  });
});

How did you manage to migrate your site? Normal Wordpress import and export will not help and corrupt Cornerstone data. Please check out this knowledge base article which covers about migration:

Hope this helps.

Wow can’t believe I missed that typo, thanks! As for the migration, I use updraftplus to backup and then import into the new site. I then use the velvet blue or plugin or something like that to search and replace the sub domain to the new domain and It worked fine with a site I did the other day, no problems at all. But today I am running in to all sorts of problems. Any advice?

Hello @JVennard81,

I have logged in again and edited most of your pages. It seems that only the Our Work page is editable in Cornerstone. The rest seems to have lost cornerstone data which is why it is blank when you edit it in Cornerstone. It is as if these pages were accidentally edited outside of Cornerstone. Please reset your WordPress and redo the migration. And just make sure that this is not happening in the subdomain which is your dev site.

Kindly let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.